Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. coronavirus cases trend upward — with nearly 80,000 new infections reported Thursday — health officials are warning about the spread of multiple, more transmissible variants, some of which have seeded outbreaks in states such as Michigan and California.

For the first time the P.1 variant that originated in Brazil has taken the No. 2 spot. At least 434 people in the United States have been infected with the variant, which has devastated Brazil, with the largest number of cases found in Massachusetts, Illinois and Florida.

Does anyone know if the vaccine being rolled out has any impact on this variant? If not, we could just be pissing in the wind.

Not going to be much news today now Price Phillip has sadly died. All channels have cancelled other things for special programming.

Hope no idiots try to claim he had Covid and give him due respect.

Wales vaccination update:

1, 537, 122 first doses given - 17, 362 today - 17, 119 yesterday & 16,995 last week.

498, 318 second doses given - 13, 579 today - 9169 yesterday & 10, 239 last week

Good to see a day to day and week to week improvement.

Not sure whether I'm missing your point but I had my AZ first jab 30 days ago, and I know a few people who had it a couple of weeks earlier.

I think you are.

I meant that a 2nd jab today would have had a first jab in mid-January; there were relatively few AZ first-jabs then, and it seems (to me anyway!) that therefore there would be more Pfizer 2nd jabs at the moment than AZ second-jabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.