Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are.

I meant that a 2nd jab today would have had a first jab in mid-January; there were relatively few AZ first-jabs then, and it seems (to me anyway!) that therefore there would be more Pfizer 2nd jabs at the moment than AZ second-jabs.
Probably but there were a lot AZ done mid end Jan and these are 2nd jabs now. My Mums is tomorrow and mine on 20th both AZ

Probably but there were a lot AZ done mid end Jan and these are 2nd jabs now. My Mums is tomorrow and mine on 20th both AZ
My second jab is scheduled for the 18th April so I think there will be lots of AZ / Oxford jabs being given atm. Some of the scientists refer to the AZ / Oxford vaccine as the workhorse of the pandemic so I assumed from that there were plenty of first and second jabs being given. Likewise, lots of 2nd dose Pfizer will be getting dished out.

Zoe App data:

Predicted UK cases 1956 - down 14 from yesterday (though that was quite a bit below the 3030 reported later).

Symptomatic ongoing cases reported - 43, 356 - a more modest fall in the day of 1380 than double that much of this week. Versus 61, 837 last Friday.

The 10 UK Regions Range of cases in area low to high v 1 million people

RED AREAS (most infected):

NE & Yorkshire 41 - 163

Scotland 0 - 122

DARK PINK AREAS (medium level)

London 13 - 65

Wales 0- 68

LIGHT PINK AREAS (modest level)

South East 11 - 44

Midlands 7 - 75

North West 7 - 66

East 5 - 50

South West 5 - 45

WHITE AREAS (lowest level)

N Ireland 0 - 391

Probably full of conspiracy nuts round there. ;-)

My 2nd Pfizer jab is due towards the end of April so hopefully I'll get the invite in the next 2 weeks.
I should have said that's where we will be getting vaccinated as you know I have left those pastures long ago and now live in the leafy suburb's of Didsbury !!!

ONS data on infection levels in the nations - comparative to the Zoe ongoing symptomatic cases reported above.

Data up to 3 April shows England rising but all the other nations falling.

England case UP to 1 in 340 - from 1 in 370 last week

Northern Ireland DOWN to 1 in 300 from 1 in 220 last week

Scotland DOWN to 1 in 410 from 1 in 320 last week

Wales DOWN to 1 in 800 from 1 in 570.

Big fall for Wales particularly and Scotland overtakes England though N Ireland stays the most infected part of the UK. Though falling significantly in the week that England rose. So probably not by now given their low case numbers this week.

They are all being offered 12 weeks apart.

My second is due on Star Wars Day. Very easy to remember!

thanks - I was wondering how close to exactly 12 weeks they were sticking. I have to wait until June sometime.

12 weeks from today was Jan 15th, I think - so only 16 days since AZ was authorised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.