Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHammer85

Pretty obvious the ‘Indian’ variant will be the next major hurdle we have to overcome, whether that means another lockdown I have no idea

BlueHammer85

fucking hell - need to see some light at the end of the tunnel with this. Been a wank year.

well we’re in a much better position than ever before, smashing the vaccine rollout and coming out of lockdown.

we just have to be weary of new variants and try and help the rest of the world.

ayrshire_blue

my hunch is that it won’t be as affective over other variants

Don't know why you've got that hunch. From anything I've read the vaccines are likely to be as effective against the "Indian" variant as they are against the "UK" one, which is very highly effective with minimal impact.

In that respect, the "South African" variant causes much more concern but this is reduced by the positive news that it doesn't seem to be nearly as transmissible as the former two.

I wouldn't worry about the vaccines against this one, from anything I've seen it's all positive.

twosips

Don't know why you've got that hunch. From anything I've read the vaccines are likely to be as effective against the "Indian" variant as they are against the "UK" one, which is very highly effective with minimal impact.

In that respect, the "South African" variant causes much more concern but this is reduced by the positive news that it doesn't seem to be nearly as transmissible as the former two.

I wouldn't worry about the vaccines against this one, from anything I've seen it's all positive.

Yeah similar to what i've read. It seems highly transmissible, like the Kent variant, but i'd not be surprised if vaccines do a job on it in the same way too. Good piece here on it:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.