Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fucking hell - need to see some light at the end of the tunnel with this. Been a wank year.

well we’re in a much better position than ever before, smashing the vaccine rollout and coming out of lockdown.

we just have to be weary of new variants and try and help the rest of the world.

my hunch is that it won’t be as affective over other variants

Don't know why you've got that hunch. From anything I've read the vaccines are likely to be as effective against the "Indian" variant as they are against the "UK" one, which is very highly effective with minimal impact.

In that respect, the "South African" variant causes much more concern but this is reduced by the positive news that it doesn't seem to be nearly as transmissible as the former two.

I wouldn't worry about the vaccines against this one, from anything I've seen it's all positive.

Don't know why you've got that hunch. From anything I've read the vaccines are likely to be as effective against the "Indian" variant as they are against the "UK" one, which is very highly effective with minimal impact.

In that respect, the "South African" variant causes much more concern but this is reduced by the positive news that it doesn't seem to be nearly as transmissible as the former two.

I wouldn't worry about the vaccines against this one, from anything I've seen it's all positive.

Yeah similar to what i've read. It seems highly transmissible, like the Kent variant, but i'd not be surprised if vaccines do a job on it in the same way too. Good piece here on it:

A guess. Speculation similar to daily mail and others. Part of the problem stoking unnecessary fear.

Actually, FWIW the Daily Fail (and other outlets I hasten to add) are quoting Sharon Peacock as being clear that there is no hint of ANY of the variants being able to evade the vaccines. Whilst there has been a lot of noise and doom mongering about variants, it remains a hypothetical risk with no evidence that the vaccines aren’t effective. In fact, the vaccines seem bloody good and spikes such as Bolton seem more likely to be linked to people not taking the vaccine in the first place as opposed to anything more sinister virus-wise. Hence why it’s so important for everyone to get jabbed.

Talk of more lockdowns from the usual suspects on here is just hyperbolic speculation and scaremongering which although unsurprising given the mental battering everyone has taken from the media and messaging, is not helpful for anyone - themselves included.

As well as Whitty and Boris, even Ferguson has said lockdowns are done with now because we’ve moved to a different phase. They’re almost certainly not coming back (for Covid in the UK at least) so the quicker people realise the ship is being steered out of the choppiest waters with captain vaccine in control, but that there’s still the odd rough patch we need to just plough through, the quicker they’ll be able to deal with the odd spike of cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.