Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales data

Further proof that if you vaccinate your people you all but end the pandemic in your nation,

Wales has the biggest number vaccinated in the British Isles and its numbers keep tumbling.

0 deaths - was 0 last week

22 cases - was 54 last week - lowest in UK since Summer last year.

0.4% positivity - was 1.0% last week

As was posted above Bolton needs to speed up vaccinations ASAP and reach the reluctant that seems to be a key reason they are not doing as well as other places.
Those are incredibly low numbers!

I agree with that; steady as she goes but be prepared to respond if we do see a significant wave building.

I would be a bit less harsh though; there's plenty of disinformation out there and blaming people for not choosing to be vaccinated doesn't help IMO.

We should be inventive to help people make the right choices; the yanks are apparently offering free taxis and a free beer to people getting vaccinated, and I read one country (Belgium??) was going around bars offering vaccinations! We should be leaving no stone unturned; even if they are idiots and deserve their fate, we don't want our hospitals and morgues overflowing with undeserving idiots.
Fair comment. I think those who are clearly ringleaders at spreading disinformation really do need to be reigned in though. I'm talking the Ian Browns of this world and that other weird fucker who was organising anti-lockdown protests in Manchester a few months ago. Those types of people. For me, I wouldn't shed a single tear if Ian Fucking Brown was locked up in a 8ft x 8ft cell for the rest of his days, or failing that he was told he wasn't being allowed back into society until he renounced his views or could prove them beyond all reasonable doubt. Fuck him!

Scotland data:

No Wales I am afraid!

345 cases - was 85 last week, (Highest number in a week or two - but that 85 was at least 100 too low last week as they had a data issue as they did yesterday recall delaying the report so wise not to be too concerned)

1.5 % positivity - which is not terribly high by recent numbers. Indeed down on the weekend.

65 patients - down 5 on yesterday - was 69 last week

6 ventilated - same as yesterday - was 13 last week

The hospital data is going the right way and really THAT is what matters.

Scotland data:

No Wales I am afraid!

345 cases - was 85 last week, (Highest number in a week or two - but that 85 was at least 100 too low last week as they had a data issue as they did yesterday recall delaying the report so wise not to be too concerned)

1.5 % positivity - which is not terribly high by recent numbers. Indeed down on the weekend.

65 patients - down 5 on yesterday - was 69 last week

6 ventilated - same as yesterday - was 13 last week

The hospital data is going the right way and really THAT is what matters.

141 cases in Glasgow, the most in ages. Lanarkshire back up in the 50s as well.

England hospital deaths

11 with 2 in the North West:

Last week 25 with 1, Wk before 20 with 4, Wk before 25 with 4.

More to the point only 7 of those 11 occurred within the past week. The rest were backdated from Jan and Feb.

The 2 in the NW were 1 each in Pennine Acute and Stockport.

The regions were East 1, London 1, Midlands 2, NE & Yorkshire 3 ,South East 2, South West 0

The only place with more than 1 was the Midlands where both occurred in Sherwood Forest.

(I know what you will be thinking there - I had no idea they had a hospital either!)

Northern Ireland data:

113 cases - was 98 last week

5.4% positivity - was 4.0% last week

Rolling 7 day total 644 - was 638 yesterday & 624 last week

6 Care home outbreaks - was 5 yesterday & 6 last week

50 Patients - down 6 on yesterday - was 72 last week

Ventilated 4 - was 3 yesterday & 5 last week

So cases up but hospital patients going down just as in Scotland.

That is the way round we want it to stay.

So total deaths with out of hospital England to come is 11 - though some of the older ones might be excluded.

Wk to wk:- 30 v 27 v 22 v 20 v 11 TODAY

Wk to wk:- 437 v 453 v 337 v 238 v 480 TODAY

So deaths well down and cases well up.

If it stays that way it will not be a problem. But deaths lag cases so we have to wait and see if it does stay that way. We will not want cases to get too high as even if the % getting very ill is falling that might still translate into an uptick in patients and death in a week or two should cases rise too much.

when are 30 - 40 years old getting the go ahead for the jab?
I'm 32 but had mine this morning near where I work in Preston. No appointment needed, anyone over 18 could just turn up. They're open until 8pm if you want the address. Its Pfizer and no side effects thus far, although I have an urge to go for a pint.

My colleague who is 28 has had a call from his GP to get his done tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be that level near me.

Seems massively inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.