Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 32 but had mine this morning near where I work in Preston. No appointment needed, anyone over 18 could just turn up. They're open until 8pm if you want the address. Its Pfizer and no side effects thus far, although I have an urge to go for a pint.

My colleague who is 28 has had a call from his GP to get his done tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be that level near me.

Seems massively inconsistent.

Yes please that be great.

It always has been locally fluctuating the vaccination programme. If you are willing to phone around or travel you can often get jabs well ahead of if you wait to be contacted.

Both mine have been ahead of schedule at two different locations because my GP was aware I was able to do this in an hours notice.

Not great news for the NW or Greater Manchester today again. Though could be worse.

NW still over 400 cases and still highest region.

Bolton up even higher today and for the first time contributes OVER half the entire GM total sadly.

A full 88 cases ahead of Manchester in second.

Day to day GM down 13 (NW fell by the magnificent score of 2 today so in that sense outside of Bolton most places in GM did slightly better)

But when you compare week to week NW is up 80 and Greater Manchester accounts for 72 of that!

Or rather Bolton does as it is up 67 of that 72 rise week to week on its own.

England hospital data whilst not inspiring is still not going in the wrong way. Very little change for mid week.

Again just 76 admissions. Same as yesterday and now 13 straight days of under 100 daily admissions. Indeed 80 is the highest in the past 4 days.

Patients down 14 (it was 61 last Wednesday). Ventilators down 3 (it was 1 last Wednesday)

The NW DID fall by just 1 patient (to 158) and also 1 ventilator (to 14). So it has now fallen for 8 consecutive days by small numbers but falling even so.

Bolton skyrocketing is not seemingly translating into patients going into hospital. Which can only be good news. Largely - of course - as nearly all the people catching it are young and most who are older will have been vaccinated.

At present this is still in the NW a casedemic rather than a pandemic.

Yorkshire was the main culprit for rising patient numbers today - up 9 to 149. South East the best - down 13 to just 50.

Btw England cases actually fell week to week by about 100 - first time numbers have gone down in a while.

The cases were today largely up because of the big rise in Scotland.

Factor in that thanks to Bolton GM had more than one tenth of the entire total for the UK you see why it is really standing out and making GM look worse than it actually is.

If Bolton was in Lancashire not GM right now GM would be doing pretty well. Only slightly up. Like most places are since the relaxation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.