Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree with this. There was a scientist guy on TV yesterday and he was asked if he would still wear a mask from the 19th (I think on Andrew Marr's show). He said he would in crowded places, not so much to protect himself, but to protect people around him from him.

He went on to add that a basic mask did protect the other people - well it protected them 20% more than not wearing a mask! I was shocked at how low that figure is. I bet if this was widely known, if this had been widely known, masks would have been binned months ago. But as you say, wearing one and seeing other people wearing them, makes us feel better, so it is mainly psychological.

Can you wear any type of mask there (cotton, surgical etc) or does it have to be a respirator? Over here it has to be a respirator but no idea if it makes much difference over a cotton mask.

Scotland data:

THE GOOD NEWS CONTINUES HERE WITH A CAVEAT

O deaths - was 0 last week

1464 cases - was 2134 last week - another big drop. Lowest total since 21 June.

10.3% positivity - was 11.2% last week

536 patients - up 25 - first rise in some days but Monday is often the biggest day - was 469 last week

That was up 25 on the Sunday too - but up 131 wk to wk versus 67 this week. Looks hopeful.

The previous Monday 22 were admitted - it was up wk to wk 136.

These numbers do look like they are stabilising at the least.

45 Ventilated icu - down 1 on yesterday - was 40 last week.

That increase of 5 wk to wk is versus 10 on both last week Mon to Mon AND the previous wk Mon to Mon,

Cautious optimism seems fair here

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA SATURDAY:

29 with 16 from the North West.

Bigger numbers here than of late. NW clearly still facing the legacy of weeks of high cases. But IF we are about as high as we are going here as NW has levelled off a lot in patients over past week or so then these numbers are modest compared with January.

In that wave the numbers of deaths in the NW were one of the lowest not the highest as now and even a month after the peak on Saturday 13 February there were 56 deaths in the NW.

But that was a share of the 436 reported in England hospitals that day. ~

Verus 29 today.

Agreed. I realise you can't equate clubbers with long-term heroin users. The point I am making is young people will always take risks. A combination of Coke and booze can be fatal for some.
MDMA deaths are about 100 per year according to the BMA. Coke are about 700 but I would suggest unlike MDMA, Coke isnt exclusively used in clubs but much more widespread.
Heroin is a different league, accounting for over 60% of all drug related deaths.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA SUNDAY

10 with 4 From the NW

(It was 49 NW from 301 in Total on Sunday 14 Feb to compare with the Saturday data above).

As you see deaths are down by about a factor of 30 now versus February.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA TODAY

11 with 6 from NW.

It was 231 with 16 on Monday 15 February to continue the comparison above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.