Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland Data

LIKE WALES STILL FALLING

6 deaths - was 5 last week - UP but deaths will always follow cases in falling

1505 cases - was 2047 last week

6.4% positivity - was 8.5% last week. SO NOT TEST RELATED HERE AS I NOTED EARLIER

502 patients - up 14 on yesterday - was 532 last week UP DAY TO DAY BUT DOWN WEEK TO WEEK

57 icu ventilated - down 1 on yesterday - was 48 last week.

By the way someone just noted - unsurprisingly as this is true wherever you look in the UK - that when there were 1500 cases in January here there were 60 deaths - 10 times more.

On its own suggesting vaccines stop 90% of deaths - more or less what the testing data shows.

I think it was actually 71 which is even better and closer to the vaccine test data

Last edited:
ENGLAND HOSPITAL DEATHS

41 with 14 from the North West

Last week was 27 with 8 NW and wk before 20 with 8 NW.

So still rising as other regions contribute and NW still rising as these deaths sadly started from cases a week or two ago when NW was still dominant.

By Region: 2 East, 1 London, 6 Midlands, 13 NE & Yorkshire, 14 North West, 4 South East, 1 South West

NW deaths:- 1 Bolton, 1 Chester, 2 Lancashire, 4 Liverpool, 1 Mid Cheshire, 1 Salford, 1 Southport, 2 St Helens, 1 Stockport

By age:- 1 aged 0 - 19, 5 aged 40 - 59, 14 aged 60 - 79 and 21 aged 80 PLUS

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DEATHS BY DATE:

One of the 41 is from January so will likely be discounted.

22 JUL Adds 7 on day 1 (Last wk adds 4)

21 JUL Adds 12 to total 20 on day 2 (last wk adds 13 to total 17)

20 JUL Adds 11 to total 33 on day 3 (last wk adds 6 to total 30)

19 JUL Adds 6 to total 56 on day 4 (last wk adds 1 to total 16)

56 IS THE HIGHEST DAY 4 TOTAL OR TOTAL AFTER ANY NUMBER OF DAYS ADDING ON SINCE 17 MAR

18 JUL Adds 1 to total 39 on day 5 (last wk adds 0 to total 17).

NUMBERS CONTINUE TO RISE BUT STILL NOT YET TAKING OFF.

TOO EARLY TO SAY THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AND A 100 PLUS DEATH DAY IS LIKELY NOW IN COMING WEEKS SADLY.

DEATHS WILL PEAK AFTER CASES REMEMBER

NORTHERN IRELAND DATA

I AM NOW VERY CONCERNED ABOUT THE LACK OF MEDIA REPORTING ON WHAT IS HAPPENING IN NORTHERN IRELAND IN CARE HOMES,

I HAVE BEEN FLAGGING THIS UP IN HERE FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS AND IT IS ACCELERATING AND NOW SERIOUSLY SKEWING THE NUMBERS ON VENTILATORS THAT WILL TRANSLATE INTO DEATHS AND THE NUMBERS IN THE AGE RANGES IN THE UPPER AGES IS RISING FASTER THAN WE NEED TO SEE ALMOST CERTAINLY BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM

AND THE QUESTION HAS TO BE IS THIS JUST NORTHERN IRELAND AND WHAT IS THE CAUSE? UNVACCINATED STAFF OR VISITORS OR JUST THESE ARE THE MOST VULNERABLE

1 Death - was 0 last week

1357 cases - was 1380 last week - Still high but even here a small reduction

Weekly cases 9393 - was 9372 yesterday & 6184 last week

52 CARE HOME OUTBREAKS - UP 7 ON YESTERDAY - WAS 21 LAST WEEK. MORE THAN DOUBLED

163 patients - up 1 on yesterday - was 92 last week

8 ventilated - up 3 on yesterday - was 1 last week

NORTHERN IRELAND WEEKLY CASES BY AGE RANGE

0 - 19 (2452) 26.1%

20 - 39 (4292) 45.7%

40 - 59 (1837) 19.6%

60 - 79 (688) 7.3%

80 PLUS (121) 1. 3%

NB: -

So 8.6% now over 60 -nearly tripled in the past month. And this is where the vast majority of the deaths are coming.

DESPITE A SMALL RISE ONLY THE AGE DIFFERENCES ARE BECOMING MORE STARK. OVER 80s UP BY 12 AND 60 - 79 UP 22 - TOGETHER MORE THAN THE TOTAL RISE.

I AM NOW SURE THE CARE HOME PROBLEMS ARE LEADING TOWARDS REAL CONCERNS AND ACTION IS NEEDED BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. AS THE RISES ARE MODEST FOR NOW BUT WILL NT STAY THAT WAY - ESPECIALLY IF THIS IS OCCURRING IN THE OTHER UK NATIONS.

ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE THE OBVIOUS AREA OF CONCERN THAT GETS MISSED

I promise to stop using capitals from here on by the way for those getting ready to tell me not to do this :)

But I wanted to flag up some concerning things today.

Why should they? The number of covid patients coming in is just part of the problem. Staff being forced to isolate because they've been pinged and a backlog of other issues due to getting behind are the other putting pressure on. The app is the problem. Somebody's app registered they went through a McDonald's drive through, but because a person in the restaurant had tested positive they were pinged, when they'd never stepped foot inside the restaurant.

Every winter I seem to hear the NHS is close to collapse with the flu virus and/or some sickness bug, but we've never shut down society because of it.
Nonsense mate. More people are being pinged because there is more Covid about. If peole didn’t want to use the App or the parameters of the App can be changed to pick up fewer Covid contacts then fair enough but all this pingdemic stuff is a bag of shite.

So the total deaths from today with out of hospital England to come is 49.

Last week it was 34 at this stage. And became 49 on all settings later,

And the three nation cases with England to add are 3597.

Last week it was 4510 at this stage.

England added 47, 360 last Friday to give a UK total of 51, 870

Yesterday England added 35, 939

Nonsense mate. More people are being pinged because there is more Covid about. If peole didn’t want to use the App or the parameters of the App can be changed to pick up fewer Covid contacts then fair enough but all this pingdemic stuff is a bag of shite.

As far as I'm aware the government are telling certain sectors where there are staff shortages due to them being pinged to turn a blind eye. So there are doubts as to its total accuracy, meaning it's throwing the net too wide and catching people that shouldn't be in it.

Unless we start moving forward and accepting some hits we'll be in this groundhog Day nightmare forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.