Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fall!

64 all settings deaths

36, 389 cases - was 51, 870 last week

Biggest fall since last Winter

Pillar 1 & 2 Tests 1, 000, 400 versus 1, 163, 151 last Friday.

So fewer tests but nowhere enough to offset that fall in positivity I suspect.

Indeed:-

4.5% last week versus 3.6% positivity today

Quite remarkable falls, though need not to get too excited by a couple of days data.

If it continues for another day or two we'll have our first week on week fall for months.

First weekend of no social distancing coming up though, lets see how it goes

This is true though it has been a bit like this for a while now. Having been in a few pubs, shops etcetera social distancing has never really been strictly adhered to, in spite of the best efforts of the venues and staff. You are correct though now even those conditions are going there is no doubt cases will rise.

Full details later as usual but....

North West today FELL both in patients and ventilated and had fewer admissions 2 days ago than NE & Yorkshire, Midlands and London for the first time.

Whatever is causing the cases fall the NW hospital data has almost certainly started to fall now.

NW - miles ahead for weeks - now has fewer patients than NE & Yorkshire (now over 1000 by the way which NW has never been this wave) and Midlands more too and now London closing and just a day or so from overtaking too. And already has on ventilators.

Pretty remarkable GM numbers today.

Lots of huge falls.

Two boroughs actually under 100. Only Manchester on 312 over 200.

But Manchester down over 200 week to week as is Wigan,

Even Stockport - still doing less well than the others as Zoe predicts - is down 76 week to week which for here recently is a result!

I think every borough will fall in Pop Score today for the first time in weeks.

Quite remarkable falls, though need not to get too excited by a couple of days data.

If it continues for another day or two we'll have our first week on week fall for months.
Though it has been falling pretty consistently for a week now

Saturday 54k
Sunday 48k
Monday 40k
Tuesday 46k
Wednesday 44k
Thursday 40k
Friday 36k

Though it has been falling pretty consistently for a week now

Saturday 54k
Sunday 48k
Monday 40k
Tuesday 46k
Wednesday 44k
Thursday 40k
Friday 36k

Absolutely, but that's still 11% higher than the previous week.

Screenshot_20210723-165053_Chrome.jpg

Would be a great milestone to have that falling. Maybe tomorrow.

Still, lovely to see that dip at the end of the chart.

As I noted above your post about possible reasons so I certainly am not.

But I am happy with the NW hospital data which slowly does seem to have turned round as that is more real than any case numbers.

North West today was at its lowest total in 3 weeks.

And London had more than 1000 extra cases than it and South East several hundred more.

The NW is down 3084 week to week - the biggest drop by any region yet.

GM falls day tp day are a little below the expected share of the NW but not by much and are substantial.

GM down week to week 1345 of that 3084

And down day to day by 635 of the NW day to day drop of 1428

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.