Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware the government are telling certain sectors where there are staff shortages due to them being pinged to turn a blind eye. So there are doubts as to its total accuracy, meaning it's throwing the net too wide and catching people that shouldn't be in it.

Unless we start moving forward and accepting some hits we'll be in this groundhog Day nightmare forever.

It's quite possible that the pingemic is significantly slowing the pandemic, though hard to know.

What is clear is that the govt planned a policy which was expected to cause 100,000 cases a day and didn't properly consider the blindingly obvious consequences.

ZOE DATA TODAY

Big Rises again here

Predicted cases UP 1616 to 63, 159

Ongoing symptomatic cases UP 23, 738 to 734, 626

Three quarters of a million people predicted to have Covid right now! Highest ever on Zoe.

Regions:

London still top up from 1209 / 1452 to 1248/1496

NE & Yorkshire second up from 1010 / 1409 to 1054 / 1459

But Northern Ireland goes Red watch and jumps over into third up from 428 / 1706 to 554 / 1510

Knocking North West down to fourth up from 877 / 1153 to 915 / 1192

Scotland still lowest falling from 436 / 699 to 372 / 613.

Zoe thinks Scotland is pretty much out of this.

As far as I'm aware the government are telling certain sectors where there are staff shortages due to them being pinged to turn a blind eye. So there are doubts as to its total accuracy, meaning it's throwing the net too wide and catching people that shouldn't be in it.

Unless we start moving forward and accepting some hits we'll be in this groundhog Day nightmare forever.
It’s about relative rather than a fault in the App. Somebody dropping off supplies in a lorry can probably adapt how they do their job to have very little work contacts with people. It’s doubtful whether hospital doctors could do that but there may be certain medics who are so essential to the running of a service that a risk would be taken (partly motivated by daily testing etc).

There’s an ethical and regulatory issue as the first commitment in the Hippocratic Oath and a doctor’s professional regulation is about doing no harm.

I am happier with things opening up and hopefully less disruption to schooling with the end of very big “bubbles” etc but this isn’t about whether the App works. We have a big shortage of lorry drivers and clinical staff.

ZOE GREATER MANCHESTER TODAY

Bolton UP 9613 to 11 085

Bury DOWN 9120 to 8044

Manchester UP 16 002 to 18 688

Oldham DOWN 16 074 to 14 180

Rochdale DOWN 5210 to 5064

Salford DOWN 15 687 to 12 968

Stockport DOWN 17 856 to 16 100

Tameside UP 17 975 to 18 474

Trafford UP 9283 to 10 759

Wigan UP 13 296 to 13 729

Another fall!

64 all settings deaths

36, 389 cases - was 51, 870 last week

Biggest fall since last Winter

Pillar 1 & 2 Tests 1, 000, 400 versus 1, 163, 151 last Friday.

So fewer tests but nowhere enough to offset that fall in positivity I suspect.

Indeed:-

4.5% last week versus 3.6% positivity today

Last edited:
Some scientists thinking on line this is not a real fall just an artefact of the hot weather this week driving people outside where it is safer.

Or judging from the planes going in and out of Ringway not in the UK to test.

Plus the reduction in school numbers and others not testing because of the pingdemic.

I can see the possibility as I certainly did not expect a big drop this week.

Some still think we will start shooting up towards the 100K again soon.

Guess we will find out next week when the inevitable English Summer weather returns and it chucks it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.