Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some scientists thinking on line this is not a real fall just an artefact of the hot weather this week driving people outside where it is safer.

Or judging from the planes going in and out of Ringway not in the UK to test.

Plus the reduction in school numbers and others not testing because of the pingdemic.

I can see the possibility as I certainly did not expect a big drop this week.

Some still think we will start shooting up towards the 100K again soon.

Guess we will find out next week when the inevitable English Summer weather returns and it chucks it down.
I’m sure the weather has helped to a certain extent but the fall is still real. With all due respect to those scientists, I don’t know how they can say it’s not a real fall. Anyone with half a brain cell can work out that the rise to 54k daily cases last week was partly down to millions being out on the lash for the Euro 2020 final. Given that that was a truly one-off event, are those same scientists saying last week wasn’t a real rise? Somehow I don’t think so!

I’m sure the weather has helped to a certain extent but the fall is still real. With all due respect to those scientists, I don’t know how they can say it’s not a real fall. Anyone with half a brain cell can work out that the rise to 54k daily cases last week was partly down to millions being out on the lash for the Euro 2020 final. Given that that was a truly one-off event, are those same scientists saying last week wasn’t a real rise? Somehow I don’t think so!
I suppose they are anticipating a further peak as a result of the relaxation of measures on 19 July - probably another couple of weeks until we can see that. Maybe schools breaking up for the hols this week will counter that to some extent though?

I suppose they are anticipating a further peak as a result of the relaxation of measures on 19 July - probably another couple of weeks until we can see that. Maybe schools breaking up for the hols this week will counter that to some extent though?
Maybe, and I get that but as you say there are other factors that could offset the 19th July lifting of restrictions. Personally, I think a lot of the compliance had gone to shit weeks before so I’m not sure how much of a negative impact they’ll have overall.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DEATHS BY DATE:

One of the 41 is from January so will likely be discounted.

22 JUL Adds 7 on day 1 (Last wk adds 4)

21 JUL Adds 12 to total 20 on day 2 (last wk adds 13 to total 17)

20 JUL Adds 11 to total 33 on day 3 (last wk adds 6 to total 30)

19 JUL Adds 6 to total 56 on day 4 (last wk adds 1 to total 16)

56 IS THE HIGHEST DAY 4 TOTAL OR TOTAL AFTER ANY NUMBER OF DAYS ADDING ON SINCE 17 MAR

18 JUL Adds 1 to total 39 on day 5 (last wk adds 0 to total 17).

NUMBERS CONTINUE TO RISE BUT STILL NOT YET TAKING OFF.

TOO EARLY TO SAY THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AND A 100 PLUS DEATH DAY IS LIKELY NOW IN COMING WEEKS SADLY.

DEATHS WILL PEAK AFTER CASES REMEMBER
Still no publication of vaccinated v unvaccinated deaths so actually about as useful as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to measuring and managing the pandemic.

Last edited:
I guess we are just being cautious about pronouncing too soon. Especially as it is unexpected.

But as the Scotland numbers have been showing for a while - NOT just the last few days - a downward trend is happening there and also has started in the NW - the first two parts of the UK to join this variant fest So likely to be first to plateau.

So these UK cases this week are not out of the blue as those others trailed it as a possibility you would expect. Just earlier than I imagined possible,

And as I suggested the other day the other regions have had a few weeks awaiting Delta colonise them to jab more and more. Could have made the difference to slow their rise.

We will know by this time next week if the Gov UK numbers are the real deal or Zoe's tweak that currently with 63K cases and climbing daily makes it look a bit silly.

Zoe is often ahead of the curve.

If it is right here they will be impressed but not many will say thanks!

Last edited:

I don't think anyone's saying it's not a real fall, more that it's not necessarily indicative of a change in trend.

It's certainly hard to explain. Not that much has changed on immunity or behaviour in the last couple of weeks (even if Euros bumped it up further, if it was already on a rising trend you'd still expect that to continue).

Effects of removal of restrictions and schools finishing come in next. Fingers crossed.

If my local boozer is anything to go by, then we’ve already reached herd immunity in there, lol. Went in for a pint last night and pretty much every regular has had it throughout the Euros.

Classic example though of why removing the rest of restrictions will make sod all difference in there.
Drink and be merry.. fuck covid ;))

I guess we are just being cautious about pronouncing too soon. Especially as it is unexpected.

But as the Scotland numbers have been showing for a while - NOT just the last few days - a downward trend is happening there and also has started in the NW - the first two parts of the UK to join this variant fest So likely to be first to plateau.

So these UK cases this week are not out of the blue as those others trailed it as a possibility you would expect. Just earlier than I imagined possible,

And as I suggested the other day the other regions have had a few weeks awaiting Delta colonise them to jab more and more. Could have made the difference to slow their rise.

We will know by this time next week if the Gov UK numbers are the real deal or Zoe's tweak that currently with 63K cases and climbing daily makes it look a bit silly.

Zoe is often ahead of the curve.

If it is right here they will be impressed but not many will say thanks!
I'm not saying that any of the scientists are wrong in their forecasts that cases will rise due to the lifting of the remaining restrictions and I sincerely hope that they are.However, why do I have the feeling that some of them and probably some of the media to that extent, are actually hoping that they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.