MANCHESTER 63.3% / 46.8% V 63.2% / 46.4% Up 0.5

OLDHAM 75.4% / 61.5% V 75.4% / 61.2% Up 0.3

ROCHDALE 76.1% / 63.6% V 76.0% /63.2% Up 0.5

SALFORD 70.5% / 53.3% V 70.4% / 52.9% Up 0.5

STOCKPORT 84.3% / 69.8% V 84.2% / 69.5% Up 0.4

TAMESIDE 79.8% / 66.5% V 79.8%/ 66.2% Up 0.3

TRAFFORD 81.8% / 68.8% V 81.8% / 68.6% UP 0.2

WIGAN 83.0% / 69.0% V 83.0% / 68.6%% Up 0.4

Manchester, Rochdale and Salford up 0.5 - most today.

Bolton and Trafford the least on 0.2

Numbers seem to be slowing right down

TO COMPARE WITH ALL OF UK:-

UK Vaccination numbers today

Percentage of adult UK population as eligible

88.4% have had first doses - 42, 410 given Friday (England 88.3%, N Ireland 83.3%, Scotland 90.3% (Wales 90.3%)

71.8% have had second doses - 180, 155 Friday (England 71.3%, N Ireland 71.3%, Scotland 71.2%, Wales 80.6%)

Wasnt meant as a dig mate, apologies if it came across that way.

Assume a population of 1000, 90% vaccinated. Assume a vaccine reduces the chance of hospitalisation from 20% to 10%.

10% of 900 is more than 20% of 100. The vaccine has done its job but as more people are vaccinated the absolute number of people in hospital that are vaccinated is greater.
Thanks for reply.
My misunderstanding stems from wondering whether I form part of the 5 percent or more that the vaccine does not work for.
How do I check or must I trust I belong to a greater 95 percent.of successful antibody production?

Thanks for reply.
My misunderstanding stems from wondering whether I form part of the 5 percent or more that the vaccine does not work for.
How do I check or must I trust I belong to a greater 95 percent.of successful antibody production?
You can get antibody tests. I think Superdrug do them. TBH I wouldn't bother unless you have a very good reason i.e. you are immune compromised. We will get boosters in Autumn. I don't think that's been decided for certain but everyone seems to be planning for that. Seems sensible.

Government in Prague rewarding vaccinated state employees with two days of extra paid leave that must be taken this year.
Wonder if governments share the success/failure rates of their carrot/stick approaches?

You can get antibody tests. I think Superdrug do them. TBH I wouldn't bother unless you have a very good reason i.e. you are immune compromised. We will get boosters in Autumn. I don't think that's been decided for certain but everyone seems to be planning for that. Seems sensible.
Thanks Marvin.
I think I am OK because my 6 monthly blood tests are so different in the white cell area when checking before and after both Pfizer jabs.
Linfocitos (sorry Spanish) readings for actual virtually the same but the same Linfocitos as a percentage has dipped 25 percent.
Possibly caused by antibody introduction from Pfizer jab now being part of the same white cell group.?

My worry is I am in the older age group category and will most likely be at high risk of hospital need should I catch Covid.
Will try to get a test kit here in Spain.

Thanks Marvin.
I think I am OK because my 6 monthly blood tests are so different in the white cell area when checking before and after both Pfizer jabs.
Linfocitos (sorry Spanish) readings for actual virtually the same but the same Linfocitos as a percentage has dipped 25 percent.
Possibly caused by antibody introduction from Pfizer jab now being part of the same white cell group.?

My worry is I am in the older age group category and will most likely be at high risk of hospital need should I catch Covid.
Will try to get a test kit here in Spain.
Antibodies are proteins that are carried in the blood plasma - hence the use of convalescent plasma. They are called immunoglobulins, or might be abbreviated as Ig. I doubt you can interpret your antibody levels from normal blood test results you might have. It might tell you what fraction of Ig. you have in your blood but it wont say that x amount is for Covid.

LIMITED DATA AS YOU KNOW WEEKENDS

BUT GOOD NEWS CONTINUES IN SCOTLAND

9 deaths - was 11 last week

1018 cases - was 1307 last week

4.9% positivity - was 6.1% last week

445 patients - down 29 on yesterday - was 478 last week

64 ventilated icu - up 4 on yesterday & last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.