Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WALES cases with positivity and (P = patients) on Sundays (from Friday!) last month (4 JUL to 1 AUG)

535 (3.9%) 43 P - 698 (5.3%) 62 P - 1112 (6.3%) 89 P - 1238 (5.0%) 125 P - 719 (4.9%) 138 P

SCOTLAND cases with positivity on Sundays last month (4 JUL to 1 AUG)

2726 (11.4%) 435 P - 2048 (11.2%) 444 P - 1735 (9.8%) 511 P - 1237 (7.5%) 480 P - 1034 (5.4%) 422 P

As you can clearly see Scotland is at least 2 weeks ahead of the falling curve of cases & positivity and Wales is just starting to see an effect - BUT its best in UK vaccination numbers SEEM to have stopped it rising very high.

And Wales is yet to see much impact on hospital numbers but it is reasonable to expect it will soon,

NORTH WEST btw is midway between these two - just behind Scotland and ahead of Wales - and the hospital data is slowly changing now there too but from a higher base.

All of this is some of the best evidence that these falls are for real as the nation is following the same path but not in unison rather based on when they started to escalate via Delta.

I have a devil's advocate question:

If the current mutations are being blamed on the unvaccinated, how are the vaccinated not blamed also? Mutations work on DNA which doesn't absolve vaccinated people in that factor because we all have DNA, regardless. This is known.

Mutations work on the DNA we have, so therefore if the vaccinated only suffer 'less symptoms', it doesn't mean they are less likely to carry.

Even more so, does it not mean it's possible the current variations just mutate around the current adapted DNA and are just as likely to transmit through a carrier?

Does this factor into covid apparently going down but increasing at the same time?

Is this not why people need double, triple and whatever booster shots?

Something is off with the data told.

According to the SUN the over 50s WILL be offered a third jab free from the autumn to combat new variants.

And it will NOT be AZ if they had double doses of that this year.

But instead either Pfizer or Moderna as trials suggest mixing them up works best. And an mRNA booster is needed to combat variants and AZ is not one of these.

This is all paper talk right now but they claim it is 'understood' (often aka guessing).

But it looks a safe bet.

They also claim it will be alongside the flu jab that starts usually September in order of age priority as in the past.

So you may needs arms of steel for a double whammy!

I know they CAN do this as a couple of years ago I had my annual flu jab in one arm and the pneumonia booster in the other at the same time.

NORTHERN IRELAND DATA

5 deaths - was 2 last week

1072 cases - was 1264 last week

All we get at weekend

So the three nation deaths with England still to add is:- 13.

Last Sunday it was just 2 at this stage.

That is a rather big jump up but is a legacy from a week or two ago when cases were peaking.

Hopefully this week coming will start to see the peak of them.

Those 2 last week after England was later added became 28.

And the three nation cases with England still to add is:- 2825

Last Sunday this total was 3739 at this stage.

England later added 25, 434 to total 29, 173

Yesterday England added 23, 949 to the total of 26, 144

In the Netherlands, 2,350 new cases (seven-day average 3,501) and 44 hospital admissions (seven-day average 87). Alas, 2 more deaths.

Just caught up with a weeks worth of posts (been on a cruise).
Saw a few posts talking about the steep rises and sudden falls some countries are experiencing, like the Netherlands right now.

Indonesia is another, where case numbers were going vertical about a fortnight ago and has suddenly seen quite a dramatic fall on some days.

I know the Netherlands reinstated various restrictions, and Indonesia pretty much shut the country down...but is there anything else at play to see such huge rises followed by almost equally dramatic decreases?

I saw earlier today that Rwanda is going into a 2 week severe lockdown, with a curfew from 6pm - 4am and no businesses to be open after 5pm. Only 2% of the population are fully vaccinated over there, really highlights the global effort required.

Just caught up with a weeks worth of posts (been on a cruise).
Saw a few posts talking about the steep rises and sudden falls some countries are experiencing, like the Netherlands right now.

Indonesia is another, where case numbers were going vertical about a fortnight ago and has suddenly seen quite a dramatic fall on some days.

I know the Netherlands reinstated various restrictions, and Indonesia pretty much shut the country down...but is there anything else at play to see such huge rises followed by almost equally dramatic decreases?

I saw earlier today that Rwanda is going into a 2 week severe lockdown, with a curfew from 6pm - 4am and no businesses to be open after 5pm. Only 2% of the population are fully vaccinated over there, really highlights the global effort required.
There’s been much speculation on this thread as to the reasons why, though I don’t think there has been any conclusive answer. Cases rose sharply then dropped sharply but then that drop in turn slowed. That has been similar in multiple countries. It may have happened thus for certain reasons (active preventative measures, vaccination/immunity levels, deliberate underreporting etc.) or a combination thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.