Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve tested positive and am currently self isolating, I’m on day 6 improving but still have all the symptom. How are you feeling now? Thx
I am fine now. In fact I had my first negative test today so that's great. I am still very tired but most other symptoms have gone (still have a stuffed up nose but I have been steaming with Olbus oil which helps) Two of my pals who had it said it took about four weeks to get full strength back so I am taking it steady. I think this is the usual pattern for those who have been jabbed and get the Delta variant.

I am fine now. In fact I had my first negative test today so that's great. I am still very tired but most other symptoms have gone (still have a stuffed up nose but I have been steaming with Olbus oil which helps) Two of my pals who had it said it took about four weeks to get full strength back so I am taking it steady. I think this is the usual pattern for those who have been jabbed and get the Delta variant.
Thanks that much appreciate, glad you’re getting over it ! I was told not to have a test at the end of self isolating as it will automatically be positive due to antibodies in the system. How long did you leave before testing? Cheers

I think you do need the full ten days to really get over it so don't try and rush it. I am 62 and pretty fit usually and also not overweight which I think makes the biggest difference.
Definitely agree on needing the 10 days. I’m on day 7 now and last night was the first decent nights sleep I’ve had. Still exhausted but tiredness and a bit of a cough are the only symptoms I have now.

I’m 46, pretty fit and not overweight and kind of thought I’d beat it off after a few days but nothing like that. Think it hits harder than people appreciate and it absolutely takes time to shake it off and then slowly get your strength back.

I think we'll see large numbers of cases coming out of the Etihad. From a public health perspective, I can't help but think it would have made more sense to make teams play home-away-home in these first three games, (or away-home-away). That way there's a two-week break between home fixtures.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suspect fans have gone to Norwich, caught the virus and then returned a week later vs Arsenal.

I have no facts to back this up. But it seems logical to me anyway.

Still though. We've seen clear evidence it spreads like wildfire at festivals, and we've just had Leeds/Reading this weekend. A close friend's baby has tested positive, yet he is able to continue going to work as he's double vaccinated. We need to return to normality, but there are some policies that come at a price!

Israel has reported its highest number of daily coronavirus cases ever, despite third vaccine doses being given out at speed.

Israel has reported its highest number of daily coronavirus cases ever, despite third vaccine doses being given out at speed.

"What we need is vaccination, and vaccination now in Israel is very successful, it seems really to work," he said. "I'm sure that we'll see a real reduction in cases in a few weeks' time, and in severe cases, we [already] see a big reduction. This is what the numbers right now show very, very clearly."

WALES DATA

NB THIS IS ONLY THE SAT & SUN COMBINED DATA NORMALLY RELEASED ON MONDAYS. DELAYED BY THE BANK HOLIDAY,

THERE WILL PRESUMABLY BE ANOTHER DOUBLE DAY (MON & TUE) TOMORROW.

I HAVE COMPARED TODAY V LAST MONDAY WHICH WAS FOR THAT SAME PREVIOUS 48 HOURS AS THIS WEEK

1 death - was 2 last week

3872 cases - was 3247 last week

12.3% positivity - was 10.1% last week

Think this is the highest ever daily number posted by Wales (all be it covering 48 hours as it always is on Mondays) Might only be a record up to tomorrow, of course - as a week ago there 3098 cases then adding up Monday & Tuesday !

Safe to say we will not be getting around 26K UK cases today.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DEATHS OVER PAST LONG WEEKEND

V Last Week & Week Before

SAT 85 with 10 North West
V 75 with 17 & 72 with 15 (fairly modest rises here is good on the only day not really impacted by the Bank Holiday weekend)

SUN 31 with 4 North West V 10 with 1 & 16 with 1 (clear rise here) but NW is dropping again happily)

MON 20 with 1 North West V 18 with 4 & 7 with 1 (again only a modest wk to wk change)

TODAY 24 with 5 North West V 153 with 16 & 154 with 29

THIS NUMBER IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DIRECTLY COMPARE WITH ANY MEANING WEEK TO WEEK AS LAST MONDAY WAS A NORMAL WORK DAY SO CATCH UP REGISTRATIONS HAPPENED BUT YESTERDAY DID NOT.

NB: - TOMORROW WILL BE THE USUAL EQUIVALENT OF TODAY'S BIG CATCH UP DAY AS A RESULT. DO NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE A NUMBER OVER 200 THEN. ALMOST CERTAINLY WILL BE THE HIGHEST SINCE LAST WINTER GIVEN IT HAS AN EXTRA DAY TO EFFECTIVELY ADD ON ABOVE NORMAL WEEKENDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.