Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same . Sure it was Lineker liking the video
Interesting that this is seen as wrong (I pass no opinion on it) yet when I highlighted the double standards of TV production I was told there was no issue.

I cited the example of Ant and Dec who despite being from two separate households of two or more have been allowed to form a permanent (not temporary despite some people’s protestations) “cohort”.

another example is gogglebox on channel 4. These people film two days a week and then go back to their working lives and mix with their own households.
Again, different households of two or more have been sat next to each other (no distancing) and they can’t say they have isolated for two weeks like some productions.

Supermarkets are a fucking nightmare lots with no masks so many just dawdling as if on a day trip.

Maybe the people who have no mask are exempt, if that's the case there should be a national exemption card to carry about.

It would be good if the supermarkets could allow only certain people within an age range at certain hours, eg vulnerable elderly people.

Have no idea how it could be implamated,, maybe it's a bad idea i don't know.
The problem is the supermarkets probably can't be arsed having the same argument 100 times a day with self-entitled pricks who can't be arsed wearing a mask and are prepared to stand up for their 'rights' at any opportunity.

Supermarkets are a fucking nightmare lots with no masks so many just dawdling as if on a day trip.

Maybe the people who have no mask are exempt, if that's the case there should be a national exemption card to carry about.

It would be good if the supermarkets could allow only certain people within an age range at certain hours, eg vulnerable elderly people.

Have no idea how it could be implamated,, maybe it's a bad idea i don't know.
I see plenty of people who look like that could have a qualifying exemption who are wearing masks. It tends to be those younger ones < 50 who play on their condition and don’t wear one.

I think the suggestion that if you qualify and don’t want to wear a mask you can be offered some assistance to get a slot to collect your shopping from the outdoor car park/delivery is a good one.

those that wear visors instead.
Waste of time. All their germs are still being spread just slightly downwards.

If I drove I would do all my shopping at night. In the summer I often we t about 7pm it was quiet then but a gamble everything you needed was still there
Same here. Just popped to big Tesco north Sheffield. Only a dozen in at 9pm and plenty of choice so factories and farms and supply chains thankfully working well.

Everyone wearing a mask. In fact I'd say half of Sheffield wear masks outside. Was a completely different story down south when I was travelling round Essex in autumn.

What the flying fck has happened in Ireland???

Reading the thread, seems some of it is being put down to infected ex-pats flying in from the likes of London, etc, for Christmas and then going on the lash and mixing in multiple households. However, this may also have been a factor. Shows it’s not only the UK government that is making stupid decisions:

GREATER MANCHESTER SCOREBOARD

Cases 2233 - down from 2286. 31% of the NW total 7156. Up from 30%.

3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v TODAY:- 594 v 594 v 1193 v 2233 TODAY Rather worrying trajectory

MANCHESTER 445 cases - down from 556. Total 38, 932. Weekly 2542, Pop score up 80 to enter the 7000 club at 7042, Weekly Pop up 38 to 460. Up 267 in 13 days since Christmas.

WIGAN 295 cases - up from 225. Total 21, 230. Weekly 1667. Pop score up 90 to 6460. Weekly Pop up 35 to 508. First one back in the 500s for nearly 8 weeks. And a rise for Wigan of 321 in just 13 days!

BOLTON 243 cases - up from 156. Total 18, 501. Weekly 1134. Pop score up 84 to 6434. Weekly Pop up 49 to 394. Up 239 in 13 days.

STOCKPORT 215 cases - up from 210. Total 14, 205. Weekly 1310. Pop score up 73 to 4841. Weekly Pop up 22 to 446. Up 224 in 13 days.

TRAFFORD 211 cases - up from 158 - highest ever. Total 11, 890. Weekly 1149. Pop score up 88 to enter the 5000 club at 5009, Leaving Stockport alone in the 4000s - though for a few days only! Loses 15 more in the overall Pop race with Stockport and now 168 behind. And I predicted they would overtake Stockport at Christmas! Weekly Pop up 54 to 484. A rise of 258 in 13 days since Christmas.

SALFORD 188 cases - down big from 277. Total 16, 779. Weekly 1093. Pop score up 72 to 6482. Weekly Pop up 28 to 422. Up 209 in 13 days.

TAMESIDE 177 cases - up from 123. Total 12, 899. Weekly 837. Clinging on to top spot. Pop score up 78 to 5695. Weekly Pop up 40 to 369 A rise of 179 in 13 days since Christmas.

ROCHDALE 163 cases - down from 213. Total 15, 942. Weekly 933. Pop score up 73 to 7168. Weekly Pop up 41 to 420. Up 190 in 13 days.

BURY 150 cases - down from 183. Total 12, 777. Weekly 892. Pop score up 79 to 6690. Weekly Pop up 51 to 462. Up 219 in 13 days

OLDHAM 146 cases - down from 185. Total 17, 902. Weekly 901. Pop score up 61 to 7550. Lowest rise in GM today. Weekly Pop up 16 to 380. Up 190 in 13 days since Christmas.

Its not.

the only greater measures they could do is to literally say that it is banned for businesses to operate. Ie. Not work from home unless absolutely necessary but if you can’t work from home you’re not allowed.

That’s the only way that you can see less “people traffic”.

the result would be thousands of businesses fold. The knock on effect would see far greater deaths long term so yes the lives of those many more are worth more collectively than the lesser number of additional people that could be save today.

there is a reason why lockdown isn’t extended in this way (it is accepted by the decision makers that this would swing the balance too far).

so perhaps you believe they who have made the decision disgusting not me
Just on this subject:

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8866/
The measures the Government has taken to support businesses, workers and household incomes are likely to cost around £280 billion this year. The longer the crisis continues, the more the cost to government will rise.
21st December 2020

Based on the current amount of deaths (80k), that’s £3.5m per death. I haven’t got figures of hospitalisations to hand to see what that would look like. How much do NICE allow for treatments under normal circumstances? (I don’t know how it works.)

edit: read around the subject a little - QALYS and all that. None the wiser. Feel free to expand, or point to articles. Thanks.

I briefly saw these figures shared somewhere (possibly here, unsure), but thought it would be interesting to bring them up. I wouldn’t be able to analyse or come to any conclusions, and I don’t have interest in such things currently.

Last edited:

Where do you begin?

That entire dressing room plus anyone who has close contact with them such as family should be made to self isolate for 10 days. Absolute state. In fact all footballers should be made more aware of their actions. Why the fuck were we in one big huddle after smashing the rags. Arsenal players all piling on top of each other earlier. It’s a joke.

Only 25% of cases according to that twitter thread
Thats enough to kick it on. It was only 25% in North Kent at the start of December. Then bang.
Oh and the only way they know is that one of the 3 test markers is negative for the new strain. If the new strain didn't have the test marker then they wouldn't have a scooby as they are barely doing any real genetic variant testing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.