Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 all settings deaths

38, 520 cases - up 4651 on last weeks 33, 869

Down 1704 on yesterday

England only 33, 287 today - up 938 on yesterday

England today had its SEVEN MILLIONTH CASE (7,000,356 as of now)

Up 4441 on last week's 28, 846

Last edited:
936, 288 pillar 1 & 2 tests today

DOWN from 968, 269 yesterday & 940, 981 last week

So positivity is rising both day to day and week to week

Case figures certainly rising in the Netherlands again, up 48% in a week, and hospitalisations rising as well, though the number in ICUs remains low. Perhaps unsurprising given that face masks disappeared faster than leaves off the trees.

Sadly the GM numbers today are pretty bad. Almost everyone way up on last week.

Zoe was also spot on about Stockport - back up top and its second highest number yet. Huge rise.

Still gained 2 on Trafford but at 102 v 100 Pop Score points that TON represents a serious regression for Stockport.

Manchester up big too day to day and week to week but well below Stockport on 264 v 293.

Trafford on 243 back in third AND the only one of the 10 boroughs down today week to week.

Indeed some places - such as Bury and Rochdale - have doubled week to week.

Bolton was best today and they were on 108.

No way to sell this as a good day.

NORTH WEST CASES

North West today UP big by 1060 on the day

After falling into the 3000s yesterday after a run of straight drops it is up to 5058 today

That is UP 997 from last week's 4061. Another huge rise.

GM is UP today by 412 to 1827.

Though that is just a bit over par of the NW total at around 39%

Week to week GM is up by 364 from 1463 last Tuesday

364 is a slightly better split of the NW rise at around 37%

So looks as if it is not JUST Greater Manchester now driving the rise as was the case in past week or so but most of the NW going up with it.

And some idiots think face masks don't work.
I don’t doubt they work and living in Scotland I’m quite happy to be still wearing them. However at some point they will go and at that point cases will increase. Think England is going through that. The question is balancing when enough are vaccinated to make it the time to let cases increase without too many hospital cases / deaths.
IMO England went too early, maybe Netherlands have too ,I don’t know. My guess the time in Scotland may be next spring I’m okay with that.

Looking at the heat map for Stockport this has changed since I last checked it. Before the big rise.

The biggest age range catching it (RATE 2484) is 10 - 14. With 688 aged 5 - 9 and 1058 aged 15 - 19

The next biggest age range is 40 - 45 (RATE 696).

Most think this is because children bring it home and spread it to parents.

However, whilst happily still well below the other ages the much more vulnerable older ages ARE starting to increase too.

A month age 85 - 89 age was as low as 74 but are now at 168 and mid 70s up from 61 to 265 and mid 60s up from 195 to 386.

There are signs these cases are starting to cross generations.

Also looking at Stockport hospital data.

A month ago before the big rise (6 SEP) there were 37 in hospital. It fell slightly then rose slightly but on the latest data (though it is a week old for some reason) there were 42.

So it has increased but not yet dramatically but with this tardy data it might yet to be visible. Though Stockport was at its high point of cases (so far!) around when that number relates.

For context in the January wave with similar cases to now but no vaccines the numbers were in the 170/180s in hospital.

On 6 SEP there were 4 people on ventilators in Stockport. They rose to 6 a week or two ago but have been 4 for most of the past week up to last Saturday.

In January when similar cases were occurring there were about 15 to 20 on ventilators daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.