Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENGLAND 89 HOSPITAL DEATHS IN DETAIL

By Region:

East 11, London 17, Midlands 8. NE & Yorkshire 17, North West 20, South East 12, South West 4

Most in one trust 6 in County Durham and 5 in Epsom

North West trusts:- (North) Lancashire 5, Liverpool 3, 2 each in Manchester, Mid Chester, Morecambe & Wirral and 1 each in Pennine Acute, Salford, Stockport and Wigan

By age:-

20 - 39 (1), 40 - 59 (8), 60 - 79 (32) 80 PLUS (48)

You just don't get that the government want as maby to catch it as possible before December when viral loads will increase dramatically and post viral bacterial infections ramp up with the massive increases in hospitalizations and deaths that would follow

Im fully expecting social distancing / masks to be mandated by early to mid Nov. give it a few weeks to settle down before the proper flu season kicks in. really dont want an upward trajectory when flu season strikes.

Last edited:
There's plenty of equivalent research showing the opposite.

there really isnt. there are some that show that masks wont help stop you from catching the virus but that was never the issue. its unequivocally proven that masks warn by the majority lower the r0 of the virus as there is less virus in the air to breath in.

Nor to me as a 69 year old.

And as I keep posting on here my friend older than me on the very vulnerable list and EIGHT months past her second jab cannot get it either. After calling multiple times.

So frankly whoever was calling out older people on here in that earlier post needs to be more aware of the truth.
I wasn't sure on the process for a booster until I just checked on the NHS website after that comment on here about over-50s pulling their finger out.

It may be my responsibility to keep myself up-to-date but I'd like a consistent message from a Government spokesperson (doesn't have to be PM or a Minister) to counter misinformation and press speculation.

I've found the weekly update from Dr Chris Smith on BBC 5 Live the most reliable source, apart from Blue Moon of course.

179 all settings deaths - up from 136 last week. Big rise as feared.

134 in England - so there were 45 OUT OF HOSPITAL IN ENGLAND deaths - highest in some time. THis will be in places like Care Homes.

49, 139 cases - up 6363 week to week

England today 41, 498 - UP 4786 on yesterday here alone. Looks like Zoe was right.

THIS IS THE HIGHEST ENGLAND CASES TOTAL SINCE 20 JULY

Last edited:
No real issues with being asked to wear a mask again if needed, I can't imagine there'd be much compliance with a proper lockdown if it got to that stage though.
Who knows what's gonna happened Oddjob has been wheeled out whilst Johnson goes into hiding, (fresh from his jolllies, where he got to try out his new dressing up outfit out of his dressing up box. To be honest nothing surprises at the ineptness of this government , wouldn't be surprised to see another lockdown it does help to help the clusterfuck of Brexit.

North West cases today up by nearly 1000 on yesterday. To 5409.

Though only up 309 week to week.

THe SOUTHERN regions are again the main reason today.

South West is still well above NW on almost 6000. And South East is up by 1000 today to a new record high this year here of 7427 - over 2000 ahead of the North West.

Last edited:
there really isnt. there are some that show that masks wont help stop you from catching the virus but that was never the issue. its unequivocally proven that masks warn by the majority lower the r0 of the virus as there is less virus in the air to breath in.
Interesting that the other constituent countries of the UK, which retained mask mandates, have had similar increases in case numbers at different times, since the reopening.

NORTH WEST AND GM SUMMARY

NORTH WEST UP TODAY FROM 4482 to 5409 - UP BY 927.

GREATER MANCHESTER TODAY UP TODAY FROM 1484 TO 1918 - UP BY 434

This is about the expected increase by GM today.

NORTH WEST WEEK TO WEEK UP 309 FROM 5100

GREATER MANCHESTER TODAY FALLS WEEK TO WEEK BY 19 FROM 1937

So tiny number down but either way a fall when the region rises is obviously good news in GM.

Within GM itself - week to week

Bolton (up 20), Bury (up 12), Manchester (up 31), Rochdale (up 37) and Wigan (up 15) - ALL RISING WEEK TO WEEK

Oldham (down 44), Salford (down 42), Stockport (down 20), Tameside (down 6), Trafford (down 22) - ALL FALLING WEEK TO WEEK

Manchester tops 300 - on 316 - for the first time in some weeks.

Trafford has 1 more case (241) than Stockport (240) and Wigan also over 200 on 209.

Tameside on 194 and Rochdale - which Zoe identified as going very high - DID - up 82 to 193.

Bury was the lowest score today on 115.

Trafford had the highest Pop Score rise (102), Rochdale next - very high for here (86), Tameside (85) and Stockport (81) - Which means Stockport gained 21 on Trafford today BUT also joined the 15 K club with the lowest GM score of 15, 075 V second lowest Trafford on , 15, 389 - a pretty big lead for Stockport now of 314.

Bury (up 60) JUST avoided entering the 16K club until tomorrow on 15, 992.

SO STOCKPORT WITH BEST POP SCORE ACROSS THE PAST 18 MONTHS CURRENTLY WAY UP THERE IN CASES DAY TO DAY & OLDHAM (EASILY THE BEST BOROUGH RIGHT NOW DAY TO DAY HAVING THE LOWEST NUMBERS ON ZOE - THOUGH ZOE AGAIN SAW IT GOING UP BIG TODAY (BEFORE IT DID) - HAVING THE FEWEST NUMBERS IN GM RIGHT NOW BUT THE HIGHEST POP SCORE ACROSS THE FULL PANDEMIC ON 17, 205 - A LEAD OF 306 on SALFORD IN SECOND.

THIS IS VERY NOTABLE.

BUT AS SOMEONE POINTED OUT HERE IF YOU HAVE THE BEST NUMBERS ACROSS THE PANDEMIC IT MEANS YOU HAVE THE MOST STILL SUCEPTIBLE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT YET HAD IT - AND IF YOU HAVE THE WORST THEN YOU MAY WELL HAVE FAR FEWER PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T.

THIS MIGHT CREATE THE BIG DIFFERENCE IN NATURAL IMMUNITY ATOP VACCINE CREATED IMMUNITY THAT EXPLAINS WHAT LOOKS OTHERWISE QUITE STRANGE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.