Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got offered one via text message from my GP last week and I'm 51. I was somewhat surprised as I didn't think they'd gotten down to anywhere near my age yet, plus I don't have any known underlying health problems (apart from being a fat bastard!). I clicked on the link and it gave me a choice of 2 venues but neither are particularly close to me, so I stalled for a day or so but when I finally decided to book it regardless all availability had gone. I'll make sure I'm more on the ball next time but as it was only June 8th when I had my second jab it shouldn't be an immediate issue for me and there are surely others in greater need of the booster before me.
You cannot have it until Monday December 6th unless you’ve been identified as immunosuppressed, in which case you should get it immediately as it’s a third primary dose and not a booster. If you’re not in the second category I would seriously question your GP offering a booster dose 4 months after dose 2 and would suggest you ring him/her and ask him what they’re playing at.

Dutch Association of Physicians for Pulmonary Diseases and Tuberculosis has reported that 77% of those currently hospitalised with Covid are unvaccinated.

GM boroughs weekly past 7 day case totals:

Bury 724, Oldham 742, Bolton 882, Salford 951, Tameside 1006 , Rochdale 1068, Wigan 1382, Trafford 1454, Stockport 1592, Manchester 1775

More changes as numbers climb - Bury now only 18 clear of Oldham fast closing in on best in GM, Bolton though rising well above Oldham.

Salford has managed to keep below the 1000 barrier.

Trafford had further falls and is now well below top but these have slowe. Stockport fell also as Manchester inched upwards - which took the city into a lead now of 183 over Stockport who is itself 138 ahead of the still slowly improving Trafford.

Tameside are falling too but just above 1000. Along with Rochdale whose climbing spotted by Zoe ahead now sees it into four figures in contrast to neighbour Oldham bidding for best numbers in GM tomorrow.

It would appear that with waning immunity, Big Pharma have created a never ending cash cow of booster vaccines.
It probably means some countries will never open up because it's too risky.
With waining vaccine immunity you actually have to catch Covid to gain longer term immunity.
Catch-22.

It would appear that with waning immunity, Big Pharma have created a never ending cash cow of booster vaccines.
It probably means some countries will never open up because it's too risky.
With waining vaccine immunity you actually have to catch Covid to gain longer term immunity.
Catch-22.

does having it give you longer immunity than the vaccine?? I have heard of several having it twice. I got it very bad despite being jabbed.

GM WEEKLY POP SCORES

Remember low scores good - going down good - high scores bad - going up bad

BOROUGH // POP SCORE TODAY // POP SCORE LAST WEEK // UP OR DOWN BY LAST 7 DAYS

Also WAS 4 weeks ago (up/down in past month)

BOLTON 306 // 258 // UP 48 WAS 239 (UP 67)

OLDHAM 312 // 354 // DOWN 42 WAS 271 (UP 41)

MANCHESTER 319 // 289 //UP 30 WAS 213 (UP 106)

SALFORD 362 // 359 // UP 3 WAS 282 (UP 80)

BURY 380 // 355 // UP 25 WAS 265 (UP 115)

WIGAN 418 // 399 // UP 19 WAS 289 (UP 129)

TAMESIDE 443 // 520 // DOWN 77 WAS 412 (UP 31)

ROCHDALE 482 // 395 // UP 87 WAS 234 (UP 248)

STOCKPORT 541 // 569 // DOWN 28 WAS 416 (UP 125)

TRAFFORD 612 // 757 // DOWN 145 WAS 364 (UP 248)

Trafford and Stockport both down consistently now. Tameside also fell allowing a struggling Rochdale to overtake it and is now just 59 behind Stockport. Tameside also only 98 behind. Gap to Trafford at the top also now just 71.

Stockport,Trafford and Tameside are no longer the ONLY GM boroughs actually falling week to week! Oldham's huge improvement sees themdo so too.

Indeed so good is this fall first picked up by Zoe before it happened that it could easily overtake Bolton in top spot tomorrow.

Bolton still top - though like everyone now also above 300.

The top to bottom spread falls again to 'just' 306. It was nearly 600 two weeks ago.

VERY NOTABLE THOUGH THAT THE TWO BEST PERFORMING BOROUGHS WITH THE LOWEST CASES ACROSS THE 18 MONTH PANDEMIC ARE NOW HAVING THE MOST CASES AND OLDHAM - WHICH HAS THE MOST CASES ACROSS THE WHOLE PANDEMIC - IS NOW ABOUT TO BE THE BEST.

THIS SURELY NOW MUST BE DOWN TO COVID RUNNING OUT OF TARGETS AND IS FINDING THEM MORE READILY IN THE BOROUGHS THAT HAVE KEPT CASES LOW AND LESS READILY IN THE ONES WHERE A BIG PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION HAS ALREADY HAD IT SO HAS BOTH VACCINE AND NATURAL IMMUNITY.

Peston just now had a very interesting graph on the evidence of how quickly the boosters worked in Israel to stop dead its growing wave caused by immunity waning as they vaccinated their population rapidly and first so needed the boosters more than ever.

Really highlighted how vital this is in the UK right now. If it stops the wave as effectively as in Israel it will be amazing. Somehow here I doubt it.

Also showed that our programme was going slowly and more are becoming qualified for the third dose every week now than we are actually doing.

Surprising though - given that they are usually really hot on the numbers with Anoushka presenting them well - they were 24 hours behind the hospital data I posted a few hours ago.

Saying we were closing in on 8000 in hospital when we passed it comfortably today with quite a big daily rise.

They clearly can and do add numbers up on that programme impressively so was a little disappointed - unless it was pre recorded earlier today perhaps. Though seems unlikely as they discusse the Javid press conference so it definitely was after the hospital data was all out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.