Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor to me as a 69 year old.

And as I keep posting on here my friend older than me on the very vulnerable list and EIGHT months past her second jab cannot get it either. After calling multiple times.

So frankly whoever was calling out older people on here in that earlier post needs to be more aware of the truth.

As I also posted yesterday the NHS site actually has a message up ASKING you not to try to book until NHS staff get them first. So apparently older people are wrong for obeying what the NHS tells them in a message they should have taken off if uptake is low as self evidenty that is not helping and older people are likely to not want to push ahead of the NHS who obviously should be first in line but probably were weeks ago when that message was written.
Fucking shambles

I’ve gone from slight irritation in the throat and the odd cough this morning to full on shivers in the space of 12 hrs. Hot water bottle time.
Exactly how it happened to me. The cough and temperature disappeared after day 4, but then, on day 7, just when I thought I was over the worst, it returned with a vengeance to have a pop at my lungs and airways!
Had to go to a Covid Assessment centre in Eccles last night, as I nearly passed out (not through the 5-1 win may I add).

Now on Doxycycline antibiotics to try and shift the Pneumonia.
Feel a bit better already, so don't be afraid to seek help, it is out there!

Last edited:
Nah. Cases will collapse in U30s in 3 or 4 weeks as Herd Immunity is reached in these population cohorts. At least 60% of U18s have had it. Not much further to go - three weeks tops.
Indeed vaccination of U16s won't be required as the NHS and Education services have been too slow to get it moving after approval nearly a month and a half ago. UK beuracracy is effing useless.
Education services too slow to implement vaccination? Those teachers hey? Too busy trying to teach I tell you.

Anyone recommend the best over the counter meds for headaches? My head feels like it’s going to explode. Paracetamol not touching the sides. I feel so rough with it this morning.

You cannot have it until Monday December 6th unless you’ve been identified as immunosuppressed, in which case you should get it immediately as it’s a third primary dose and not a booster. If you’re not in the second category I would seriously question your GP offering a booster dose 4 months after dose 2 and would suggest you ring him/her and ask him what they’re playing at.
I need to get in touch with them to organise my flu jab so I'm going to mention this when I speak to them. It's obviously a fuck up on their part.

Peston just now had a very interesting graph on the evidence of how quickly the boosters worked in Israel to stop dead its growing wave caused by immunity waning as they vaccinated their population rapidly and first so needed the boosters more than ever.

Really highlighted how vital this is in the UK right now. If it stops the wave as effectively as in Israel it will be amazing. Somehow here I doubt it.
Repeatedly said that Israel is where eyes should be, as it serves as a fairly accurate bellwether. However, countries are too busy stressing their differences and banging on about their uniqueness that they end up acting later than necessary.

Booster seen to generate impressive levels of antibodies.
https://m.jpost.com/health-and-well...ld-jump-in-antibodies-after-third-shot-682601

Anyone recommend the best over the counter meds for headaches? My head feels like it’s going to explode. Paracetamol not touching the sides. I feel so rough with it this morning.

You had the burning tongue and nose sensation yet? The headache you get from it feels different to any other bug or virus out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.