Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to compromise and say natural immunity is at least as effective as the vaccine, although I have seen studies that suggest it is much more effective. I suspect some are defensive because they see it as an attack on vaccines, it isn't.
The point is we don't know how strong the level of immunity from people who caught it is. Antibody tests are cheap but antibody level tests are very expensive.

We have to get on with life unless thousands are dying everyday. I'm in Tenerife at the moment and it's like there's never been a pandemic. Their rules are still stricter than here but the bars can't cope when loads of pissed up Brits pile in. No dancing??? Loads are dancing, singing,no social distancing and masks are here and there. Is it right? Time will tell but in a lot of areas there's very little control

We have to get on with life unless thousands are dying everyday. I'm in Tenerife at the moment and it's like there's never been a pandemic. Their rules are still stricter than here but the bars can't cope when loads of pissed up Brits pile in. No dancing??? Loads are dancing, singing,no social distancing and masks are here and there. Is it right? Time will tell but in a lot of areas there's very little control

Exactly the same in Majorca in August. But it wasn't just Brits there were Germans, Dutch, Scandinavians etc. Bars/restaurants packed and no social distancing.

Exactly the same in Majorca in August. But it wasn't just Brits there were Germans, Dutch, Scandinavians etc. Bars/restaurants packed and no social distancing.

Yes there's a fair few other nationalities as well here. It's been a few months now, bars are only supposed to be at 75% capacity inside but it's not being adhered to.

Had my booster yesterday. Zero side effects after original two. But this morning I can barely move my arm. Muscle feels like I have been punched ... painful too.

Feck knows how I am going to walk the dogs shortly, as the recently arrived young rescue is still in training mode, and pulls like a sodding train.

This is the way the government have been running the country throughout the pandemic. The problem is that if you wait too long, it's harder to reverse the trend.

Small proactive steps now (or better yet, a month ago) could prevent cases from doubling on their current numbers. Things like mandatory face masks in certain places, encouraging people to WFH and vaccine passports/proof of negative tests for certain high-risk events (night clubs, theatres, cinema) could go a long way to ensuring the NHS, despite being very busy, copes with the pandemic and the backlog.

Well who'd have thought it? Masks work.
Shame the government didn't regularly publish the combined evidence to show the truth of the matter.
Bottom line 9% less chance of catching it (minimim) if you ware one. Much higher chance of stopping others catching it, but that particular benefit is lost in the UK where far too many don't and have always refused to ware masks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.