Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the last clause of her penultimate sentence, she's evidently peeved that not all hospital staff have taken up the booster shot as well.
Yes. My cousin works in a London hospital. I don't speak to her very often but I do know that that really upsets her because she ends up working very long hours and has young children.

Each to there own, but 20 years of my career developing mathematical models for the ONS and the insurance industry tells me they are absolute rubbish.
With 4 waves of evidence (Original, Spanish, Alpha & Delta at hand) they should have refined their models sufficiently such that previous waves hit the median outcome of the models.
You have no qualifications in Virology or Epidemiology, stop pretending you are an expert in this. You are a data compiler of others work.

If you're a vaccine sceptic then read these comments from Nicky Barlow who is a sister in a hospital in SE London. This is their experience.
Marvin, that might make a few sceptics sit up and take notice but the vast majority of rabid anti-vaxxers are beyond help, due to them being so far down their rabbit holes that no amount of evidence will make them wake up and smell the coffee, short of them catching it so bad themselves that it leaves them in ICU gasping for air.

The fucking state of our NHS right now, a 2 car shunt with whiplash would overwhelm it if you listened to same narratives that are belted out over and over.

Covid is not overwhelming the NHS and the stats back that up. It needs money, better management and capacity for sure but it is not for us Plebs to be locked away each winter in some sad attempt at protecting it.

We pay for it, politicians had better fucking wake up and sort it out!
All very true but that sadly, won't be for a fee years I fear.

Today, the NHS is at an all time low, so it does need protection until such time the infrastructure can meet the demand of the Nation.

That means sadly, that the Government will need to do unpopular things for now to keep it ticking over.

Fingers crossed there exists a long term strategy to recover it, and I hope young students are not deterred from going into the medical profession having seen current conditions.

Fucking hell - just 2 days after testing positive on a LFT, I’ve tested negative this morning!

Going to keep isolating though as I suppose it could be a false negative, or maybe I’ve had it longer than I first thought and what I assumed were booster side effects middle of last week before the runny nose and sneezing started at the end of the week could’ve been the onset of Omicron instead. Will do another LFT in 2 days time, and one on Xmas Day. Those will be days 6 and 7 at least since the onset of symptoms and if both neg I’ll be good to go under the new rules.
Have you done a PCR?

Yes. My cousin works in a London hospital. I don't speak to her very often but I do know that that really upsets her because she ends up working very long hours and has young children.
It’s a strange one. Society went through the process of awaiting vaccines, and it became the norm to talk freely about vaccination as if everyone would naturally choose to be vaccinated. Society has now moved to that point where everyone knows that there is a sizeable minority who have rejected that opportunity, but we don’t know exactly whom because propriety prevents us asking. In hospitals, however, staff are so used to asking for medical histories that such niceties don’t apply, so everyone will know. Must make it incredibly frustrating and awkward.

The fucking state of our NHS right now, a 2 car shunt with whiplash would overwhelm it if you listened to same narratives that are belted out over and over.

Covid is not overwhelming the NHS and the stats back that up. It needs money, better management and capacity for sure but it is not for us Plebs to be locked away each winter in some sad attempt at protecting it.

We pay for it, politicians had better fucking wake up and sort it out!
They’ll just sell it off so they don’t have to, it’s coming…..

Marvin, that might make a few sceptics sit up and take notice but the vast majority of rabid anti-vaxxers are beyond help, due to them being so far down their rabbit holes that no amount of evidence will make them wake up and smell the coffee, short of them catching it so bad themselves that it leaves them in ICU gasping for air.

We're all in rabbit-holes and copying arguments that most of us don't understand. It's an act of faith.

Anti-government is a good instinct imo but not anti-science. If a doctor who spent a decade studying, and most of their subsuequent professional life gives me medical advice I will accept it. If a civil engineer tells me that building is unsafe I will accept it. If the Daily Mail tells me to vote for X, I will ignore them.

We are being fed propaganda all the time but if ultimately it comes from scientists then I'll accept it even if it coincides with government as it does in this case.

Put your handbag down mate he’s using his expertise to analyse data and offer an opinion. More than what the rest of us offer this thread.
Other statisticians will be compiling data on public transport usage in the under 40s or exhaust durability in diesel cars, it doesn't make them train drivers or mechanics. As long as he keeps saying the experts are wrong i will pull him up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.