Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the evidence coming out of South Africa which was ahead of us was pointing to this, but posturing full of their own power and importance leaders like Sturgeon and Drakeford, couldn't wait to jump on their podiums and impose sanctions on their people

Absolute bullshit.

For ‘vulnerable’ 5-11 year olds
Yes, My daughter had symptoms for one day only with Covid. Was fine after that.
Had a very faint line on one of my 3 lateral flows yesterday (the first one) so went for a PCR as I was due to go back to Manchester for Christmas so wanted to make sure I didn't infect any one. Done two other lateral flows today that are both negative but PCR has just come back as positive. No symptoms whatsoever.

Think I had come into contact with some one around 10 days ago with COVID so potentially this could be the back end of me being contagious/carrying it.

Obviously the right thing to do is isolate for Xmas but what a shitter. My 9 year olds last Christmas before he realises Father Christmas is me, to compound things, all of his presents are already at my family's up north wrapped!
What a bummer. Mine still believes and she is nearly 11 :-)

All the evidence coming out of South Africa which was ahead of us was pointing to this, but posturing full of their own power and importance leaders like Sturgeon and Drakeford, couldn't wait to jump on their podiums and impose sanctions on their people.

The same is happening in Spain who are rushing through powers to reintroduced mask wearing...... outdoors! In a country with a great climate and sea breeze in many areas this is their "Seen to be doing something" brainwave. Utter cunts.
Drakefords a tit

Not enough to keep max additional admissions a day below 3000 during the peak unless hospitalisatons include people who just happened to test +ve and were really admitted for something else.
Not sure about this.

Average Delta case hospitalisation rate was approximately 2%. Going off this research alone the Omicron case hospitalisation rate will be 0.67%.

To reach 3,000 admissions you would need 447k daily cases (3,000 ÷ 0.67%). This seems highly unlikely though of course not impossible.

Cases rising but nowhere near as fast as they said they would. Which is a good thing.

Warning real figures for the UK coming up!

If you don't want positive news look away now and stick to the news and the SAGE modellers!

At the start of Nov we had 30000 cases, two weeks later that had risen by 25% to 40000 then 50000 two weeks thereafter and we hit 60000 just over a week ago.

So a week ago we had twice as many cases as we did 6 weeks before,

And Yet!

Throughout that period of big case rises, hospitalisations fell from about 1000 a day to between 800 and 900 a day

People in Hospital also fell over that time by about 1000. despite a recent slight rise.

Deaths have also been gradually falling since the beginning of Nov. average 170 a day then, now they are 112 a day.

And since the start of Nov We have many more people vaccinated including boosters.

Still early days for winter but all pretty positive I would say.

Interested in your thoughts on the above @roubaixtuesday

Positive or not and if not why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.