Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we missed a trick in not having a national celebration in April last year to replace the wrecked Xmas. Would have raised spirits.

I think we should pay a big lump sum to all u30s to thank them for their sacrifices to save the old gits during this. They've been absolutely shafted, whereas the older part of society, illness apart, have had it much easier.

And have a fuck off massive national party in May.

I think we should pay a big lump sum to all u30s to thank them for their sacrifices to save the old gits during this. They've been absolutely shafted, whereas the older part of society, illness apart, have had it much easier.

And have a fuck off massive national party in May.

Saw that suggested elsewhere. Feel that's harsh on the 30-64 year olds tbh! Missed out on just as much and also likely to be absolutely fine. (Get the tongue and cheek aspect of your post btw =))

yep loads of my mates have it.

I am a few days behind you so still self isolating.

thank fuck for the darts ,!
Honestly, while we know you can catch it anywhere I wouldn’t be surprised if loads caught it at the Leeds home game last week. I tested positive on a LFT on Monday morning, another mate tested positive at the weekend, and yet another phoned me this morning to say he too tested positive on a LFT on Monday morning. It was a faint line but he went for a PCR that same day (as his work have made it compulsory to do so), been isolating since, and confirmed positive this morning. All of us were at the match last week

Think we missed a trick in not having a national celebration in April last year to replace the wrecked Xmas. Would have raised spirits.
I agree. I actually suggested that in here before last Christmas as a way to try to stop over mixing. Promise a 'thanksgiving' holiday when it was safe to do so and say it was to thank people for protecting the NHS by being sensible over Christmas.

A carrot not a stick usually works best. But no surprise it was never proposed by politicians.

Saw that suggested elsewhere. Feel that's harsh on the 30-64 year olds tbh! Missed out on just as much and also likely to be absolutely fine. (Get the tongue and cheek aspect of your post btw =))
The pandemic has affected everyone. None of us, I hope, can imagine how deeply sad it must be for a person in their 80s or 90s to be locked away and almost starved of family contact.

I’ve long thought there should be an annual national holiday after this based around Health. Maybe they could make it the first Friday of June each year. Commemorate those who have passed with a minute’s silence the evening before and then encourage people to get outdoors and celebrate living on the Friday/weekend. Cue the wettest weekend of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.