Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be deviating a little from the eligibility criteria judging by evidence from family members on here ( can confirm this too).

We might get to hear more about the plan because the BBC news update says that Boris Johnson will be questioned on the rollout by MPs later today.

I get the feeling that the infrastructure is in place but the data that's published each day shows that we are falling behind the numbers we need to reach to get us to 15m first doses by the 15th Feb.

We have vaccinated 2,431,648 people as of the 11th and there are 35 days to the 15th of February so we need to vaccinate 360,000 per day to meet this. We are vaccinating at less than half that at the moment (167k for the latest available data and that included 2nd doses). I think the distribution channel is still under construction, for example, there are pharmacies to come on line. I don't know where the constraint is but I suspect it is batched and verified vaccine supply.

It would be popular no doubt if vaccine delivery went 24/7 but there's no point doing this unless there's supply.

I hope the picture gets clearer today. I think we're all trying to figure out how close we are to getting the vaccine. i would like to know the uptake too. How many who are eligible are taking it up?
Government has consistently avoided discussing daily targets, insisting instead on focusing on the global target, yet as the days count down, it will become increasingly difficult to reach that global figure and increasingly obvious to the public that it is not going to be met. At that point, focus will then probably turn to daily figures in comparison to what has previously been done.
Setting ambitious targets is all well and good, but they have to be realistic and match public expectations. If the problem lies purely with batches and verification, then they need to be clearer in explaining to the public what that specifically means and whether that is something that can yet be accelerated.

the 13.5 million figure is assuming 100% take up

If they get 80% of that done they'll say the rest refused the appointment etc

What is the benefit in Scotland of stopping 'click and collect from supermarkets? To me collecting keeps people out of the stores, traipsing up and down for a significant period, avoiding the idiots who refuse to wear masks including the bellend who wears his on the back of the head.
If it is brought in here it will make my home delivery even harder to book, leaving me go out to the shops and run the gauntlet or go hungry.
Am I missing something?

Just got my test results back: Positive.
Of no surprise at all given how I feel and how the symptoms are presenting.
Weird taste in my mouth, dizzy, nauseous, chilled ‘bones’/muscles.
Worse is my throat feels like I’ve been throwing up razor blades. Coughs are rare but painful when they erupt.
Brain fog & weird dreams.

Ive also just started a new job and the guilt is playing heavy on me (they’ve been utterly fantastic about it however).

Worse is my throat feels like I’ve been throwing up razor blades. Coughs are rare but painful when they erupt.

Ive also just started a new job and the guilt is playing heavy on me (they’ve been utterly fantastic about it however).
Best wishes for a safe and speedy recovery.

Hope you feel better soon mate.

Ive also just started a new job and the guilt is playing heavy on me (they’ve been utterly fantastic about it however)
Get well soo . Take it easy and try not to worry about your new job, though I do understand it. Just get yourself right

Government has consistently avoided discussing daily targets, insisting instead on focusing on the global target, yet as the days count down, it will become increasingly difficult to reach that global figure and increasingly obvious to the public that it is not going to be met. At that point, focus will then probably turn to daily figures in comparison to what has previously been done.
Setting ambitious targets is all well and good, but they have to be realistic and match public expectations. If the problem lies purely with batches and verification, then they need to be clearer in explaining to the public what that specifically means and whether that is something that can yet be accelerated.
On the one hand it's very encouraging to see the infrastructure be put in place but we must maximise it to its full extent.

Longer term (~6 weeks or so), there are 2 more vaccines in the pipeline approaching the end of their phase 3 trials (Jannsen (J&J) and Novavax). If they get approved then please make it 24/7 and get everyone who wants a vaccine, a time slot.

What is the benefit in Scotland of stopping 'click and collect from supermarkets? To me collecting keeps people out of the stores, traipsing up and down for a significant period, avoiding the idiots who refuse to wear masks including the bellend who wears his on the back of the head.
If it is brought in here it will make my home delivery even harder to book, leaving me go out to the shops and run the gauntlet or go hungry.
Am I missing something?

Sometimes they just like to look like they are doing something.

won’t make any difference at all

Any idea how you caught it? I hope you get well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.