Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northern Ireland data:

13 deaths - it was 21 last week

592 cases - it was 732 last week

Positivity 19.8% - it was 24.7% last week (This is not as high as it seems as they record differently there - indeed anything under 20% is low by NI standards)

Care home outbreaks 126 - was 134 last week

7 day rolling cases 4066 - was 4246 yesterday and 5563 last week

Patients 768 - down 7 in day - was 806 last week

Ventilated 57 - up 1 in day - was 58 last week.

'We have virtually completed' the vaccination of care homes' she says (but cannot resist adding England are well behind!).

What a complete cock she is. There are about 1500 care homes in Scotland, there are over 2,000 in the North West alone. I will take a bet that proportionately we have vaccinated far more people in care homes in England than in Scotland.
More people obviously but as a percentage a lot less (under 70% last I heard).

Though GM has done them all according to Andy Burnham and as a reward had one third of the vaccine supply taken away from the region as a reward for being ahead of other regions.

There's a fascinating article in the BMJ titled, "how the Oxford-Astrazeneca Covid-19 vaccine was made"

Unfortunately I can't link using this browser, perhaps someone would be kind enough to do it, if it hasn't already been shared.

It really is a good read.

Great. I read reports this morning that they are starting on > 65 now.

ITV
That is Northern Ireland. They will be getting vaccine taken away too as they are doing too well.

England are not expecting to get to the 65 - 70 age range until mid February (I am in there so will let you know when I get my call). But they are discussing only doing down to 70 then changing the priority list and advance teachers and shop workers ahead of under 70s to get schools back in early March. Though under 70s will be done too - just at reduced numbers and more slowly.

Though it seems some even in their 50s have had it out of the blue from posts in here. Without any reason other than - I assume - luck as there were extra supplies or some people failed to show for the booked test each day and they will not waste any so they may rightly contact those who can get there fast to fill those gaps each day.

Last edited:
Ayrshire I agree that this seriously needs urgent action now as I suspect plenty of people who have had the AZ over 65 (which will be millions in the UK already) are going to demand the 'safe' one - which cannot happen as we have limited stocks.

God help us if someone who had the AZ vaccine dies of Covid as some lawyer will be on it like a hawk suing for millions anyone from AZ to Boris.

This could impact badly on the UK vaccination programme.
AZ won’t be sued.
They have got immunity from prosecution.

The nurses were withdrawn from all the doctors practice around our area, they are working inside warm and four hour stint. It really was a smooth operation with plenty of grateful patients.

After the horrendous year we’ve had it is amazing how smooth the role out was this morning, she told me they’re doing it for the next seven days I’m so happy at having the vaccine.

The nurse told me she vaccinated 400 that morning and there were about 10 tables with a nurse and assistant each multiply that over the next 7 days I’m extremely optimistic for us all

Last edited:
It isn't a competition. Unless we seal our borders, we need everyone to be vaccinated. The UK procurement of vaccine has been very good. Lets hope the rollout continues to go well and other countries have similar success.

I read there's a call for wealthy countries to donate a certain % of vaccines to Covax who in turn will arrange distribution of these to vulnerable people globally. I'm not naive enough to think there's unlimited supply and wealthy conluntries will be all over it, but it's the right ideas behind it.

We need production, supply and distribution ramped up worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.