Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing we need are vaccine wars. Biden should call an international conference to bring the world together.

Protecting the planet not just ourselves needs to be understood as the pandemic will only result in normality if we damp it down everywhere. Or eradicate it and then seal ourselves off from the world, Which nobody will do.

Cases up to 28, 680

750, 048 pillar 1 & 2 tests though. Wow!

That is surely a daily record (over 800K were done in total of you add in things like antibody testing)

That is 3.8% positivity.

Lowest in a very long time.

Again will the media even notice?

Nobody did yesterday and this is well below the 5% that WHO require.

All they will see is cases up again. But THAT is not the story of the last 48 hours by a mile.

Last edited:
Ive just had the Oxford vaccine and my other half got the fizer, it was at the Rugby ground with hundreds of other people, lots of nurses doing the injections which don’t hurt.

The queue was huge right round the ground, but it’s moving real quick. It didn’t take long and last of all the doctor was on hand just in case. Fantastic

It's good to get such positive news about how well we're doing these vaccinations. I know that some parts of the country got theirs slightly faster than others but I've heard nothing but praise from the staff and volunteers.

Pity no press conference today the governmemt could set the media right and stop them posting today as another disaster.

Why on earth do they never promote the positivity numbers? I just don't get it.

People see cases up by a few thousand and think that is a worrying day.

They are not going to know why it matters that they are from three quarters of a million tests.

That stunning positivity number tells you this instantly.

As does its track over the last week or two. Down Down Down.

How can Boris and co not see this?

More people obviously but as a percentage a lot less (under 70% last I heard).

Though GM has done them all according to Andy Burnham and as a reward had one third of the vaccine supply taken away from the region as a reward for being ahead of other regions.
It's not a race between regions, though, it's a race against the virus and for equity we need to get the at-risk groups vaccinated at roughly the same pace.

That said, well done Manchester.

Pity no press conference today the governmemt could set the media right and stop them posting today as another disaster.

They are not going to know why it matters that they are from three quarters of a million tests.

You have to ask that?

As soon as they paint it as good news and optimistic trends, the question becomes when can we ease things. If things continue as they are I think they'll be under pressure to bring forwards the March 8th target, whether that's the right thing to do or not

I read there's a call for wealthy countries to donate a certain % of vaccines to Covax who in turn will arrange distribution of these to vulnerable people globally. I'm not naive enough to think there's unlimited supply and wealthy conluntries will be all over it, but it's the right ideas behind it.

We need production, supply and distribution ramped up worldwide.
Might be naive, but given the perilous situation in which society finds itself, would it not make sense/have made sense for the pharmaceutical companies to have been brought under government control, with approved vaccines produced and rolled out globally? The companies would have moaned but would all have been handsomely compensated.

If we’re struggling now, imagine what the situation would have been like if only Pfizer had succeeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.