Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with the need to retain measures and keep suppressing until March at least.

We should be in a really good place by then barring unseen disasters always a possibility.

But as numbers fall you eventually will not be able to disguise what the positivity numbers reveal.

In any case all the other UK nations give them daily and Nicola Sturgeon refers to them often so they are not a secret, It is England alone that seems to want to keep it that way. Not the UK.

And sadly yes I know it might have justification given what we see out there. Just feels dishonest though.

dont confuse me wanting to have an exit plan out of lockdown with me wanting mass raves tonight

schools aren’t opening for at least another 6 weeks so nothings going to open up quickly. I think to give people hope it would be nice to see the plan and the hurdles that need to be reached .
If there's one thing I've learnt over the last 12 months of this pandemic, don't promise anything that you don't have any control over, i.e. dates and exit strategies.

Cases up to 28, 680

750, 048 pillar 1 & 2 tests though. Wow!

That is surely a daily record (over 800K were done in total of you add in things like antibody testing)

That is 3.8% positivity.

Lowest in a very long time.

Again will the media even notice?

Nobody did yesterday and this is well below the 5% that WHO require.

All they will see is cases up again. But THAT is not the story of the last 48 hours by a mile.
On the other hand the BBC are reporting the current NHS React study as showing only a small reduction in infections.
So the Government may have contradictory information and therefore don't want to report the optimistic figures?

Todays testing numbers are the highest ever in the UK at over 818,000 of all types (I only use the pillar 1 and 2 totals) and yet we find 9000 fewer cases than we did last Thursday when there were 176, 000 fewer tests.

Things certainly look better if you know that than just - cases went up 3372 since yesterday.
It's possible lateral flow tests of returning students might be part responsible. I had one this week, and I am doing another tomorrow.

im not saying we release everything now

Christ boris is even saying he isn’t opening the schools until at the earliest 8 March but if cases keep falling 20% week on week then the least they can do is provide a roadmap out of it.

you know important stuff like when I can play golf again.
Easy to belittle the things that other folk find important, like golf and gigs and pubs, but I've never seen my 85 year old dad as happy as last July when he got to go golfing with his mates again. He's lost without it.

It's possible lateral flow tests of returning students might be part responsible. I had one this week, and I am doing another tomorrow.
That makes sense. Hope you get good news from the test,

I only use the pillar 1 and 2 tests in my calculations so the positivity numbers I cite will always be up a bit on the number if you count all the types of tests.

Way to soon for getting out of lockdown ,the nhs is full still , that has to fall and they have to have breathing room again , no pun intended

some good news on that for you then...
The number of Covid-positive patients in English hospitals fell by 1,491 yesterday: the Health Service Journal describes it as ‘by far the biggest decline recorded since the start of the pandemic’. The previous record was 1,055 on 17 April when the first wave started what turned out to be a steep descent.

‘All seven English regions are now seeing a week-on-week decline in the number of their Covid-19 hospital patients for the first time,’ says the HSJ. London’s Covid-19 patients have now dropped 21 per cent since the peak nine days ago, a rate of decline which would see its total fall below the first wave peak within a week, making it – in all likelihood – the first region to achieve that milestone.

Easy to belittle the things that other folk find important, like golf and gigs and pubs, but I've never seen my 85 year old dad as happy as last July when he got to go golfing with his mates again. He's lost without it.

who said I am belittling it . I am serious .

it’s utter bollox people can walk over my golf club, families can all meet up and sledge down the fairways but two blokes can’t meet up and carry some golf clubs and play golf.

Not looking good, your informant wants admonishing. Think all our vaccine is being shipped to the EU to stop them from moaning.
7 day average has fallen by 20000 the last few days. now 365k was 385k a day. Surely can only be supply. Pretty dissapointing news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.