Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife and I had the AZ vaccine yesterday afternoon at the Etihad. Both feel awful today, woke up with aching bones and zero energy. My parents also had the jab yesterday and are totally fine today!

The set up at the tennis centre is fantastic!
I got called out on here when I suggested this a few weeks ago, you can drive up and get done, at the moment you have to get out but before long I reckon it will be like a drive through, especially if the person driving isn’t having it, just the passenger.

Vaccination numbers well down on last week so far this week. I am currently predicting 14th February for my 69 year old wife. I had my first dose of AZ vaccine on the 23rd January, I am 75 in April
It is easier to predict the lottery numbers right now. I gave up guessing and as I wrote yesterday will not call and ask my GP unless I hear nothing by mid February. By which I would have expected to do. No point in pestering them at such a busy time. But no point in just waiting as it seems sometimes you do get it by calling. So I am going for a balance between not being a nuisance and not just trusting the system to work.

More great news: J&J announce positive results on the single shot arm of their trial

Sounds broadly similar to AZ results to me.

It means that no one in the trials developed serious covid symptoms or required hospitalisation in the vaccine group.
So the question is how many people got serious symptoms or required hospitalisation in the placebo ( no vaccine group).
Thanks for your comment will try to establish the facts.
PS So I guess the question is what does efficacy mean?
Is it a reduction in your chances of catching it, or your chances of being hospitalised or ( in worse case) dying?
Thanks for your response Len,

Yes so that's the question, what is the definition of efficacy.

The way i see it is if no one ends up in hospital then that is remarkably good and this must mean your chances of dying from it once you have had the vaccine is virtually zero?

Scotland data: 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v Today

deaths / cases / % positivity / patients / ventilated

93 d / 2309 c / 8.1% / 1530 p / 102 v

61 d / 2160 c /7.5% / 1860 p / 141 v (16, 633 first dose vaccinations)

71 d / 1480 c /6.9%/ 2053 p / 161 v (23, 583 first dose vaccinations)

70 d / 1155c /5.8% / 1958 p / 144 v Today (53, 263 - first dose vaccinations - two day total)

This looks a very promising track suggesting a plateau last week and now falling.

Similar to what appears to have occurred in England.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.