Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised they aren’t being a bit more flexible on School dates to be honest. Easter weekend is 2 April to 5th April. Would it not make more sense to bring the 2 week Easter holiday forward so that the weekend is at the end rather than the start meaning kids go back on the 6th instead of the 19th April.
Do what they want with the dates kids won’t be back in April.

I was at Altrincham crematorium on Wednesday for the funeral of a neighbour and it was like a conveyor belt. I was there about an hour, maybe slightly longer and there was three at least in that time. As one lot of mourners was leaving the exit the next hearse was coming around the corner to the entrance.
That’s always been like that.
At my dad’s crem service ten years ago the eulogy was cut short by the officiating hitler because the allotted time was up.
There was a queue outside.

Scotland data update:

70 deaths - was 71 last week

1155 cases - was 1480 last week

337 Greater Glasgow, 207 Lanarkshire, 147 Lothian

5.8% positive - was 6.9% last week

Patients 1958 (down 25) - was 2053 last week

Ventilator icu 144 (up 2) - was 161 last week

We got a letter first then soon after a phone call telling us everything where it would be, parking, wheelchair access and with a choice of time.

it was well organised even a police road closure diverting people into the vaccine centre

Scotland vaccination update:

Total first doses by 8 am today 515, 855

53, 763 yesterday

This is a two day total as there were data issues so no number reported yesterday.

24. 192 were given on Tuesday

Appears to depend a lot on luck and location. More than a few already have.

And if priorities change with slower delivery of vaccines as seems imminent as some are lobbying to do once they get to all those 70 and over.

As I understand it if you have underlying issues you are in the next group immediately after the 65 to 70s. If not then the one after that.

I am in 65 to 70 and not expecting a call until around mid February. But you just never know given the reports. And, of course, if in the North West that may be altered because one third of our supply is being diverted down south from Monday.
Vaccination numbers well down on last week so far this week. I am currently predicting 14th February for my 69 year old wife. I had my first dose of AZ vaccine on the 23rd January, I am 75 in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.