Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
England hospital deaths:

Good and bad news

Deaths down week to week. But Sunday data (always low - hence the week to week matters - and always less reported from NW hospitals than other regions) but the NW total well up on last few week's numbers.

Total 563 (down from 623 last week) and 82 North West (up from 61 last week).

The biggest percentage rise of NW deaths this week and it has been going up all week.

More evidence that the wave has plateaued and deaths are now falling quite noticeably.

But also that the North West is the one reacting the least to this fall. And our death rate is rising when others are now falling.

And yet one third of our vaccine supply from this weekend is being diverted elsewhere.

Andy Burnham why are you not all over this?

Notice please the deaths in the NW are rising week to week by almost exactly the percentage of the vaccine doses being taken away from the region.

Where has Burnham gone, has he been silenced? I haven't heard anything from him in ages.

Yeah think its just a case of waiting, or getting lucky.

I have looked on here occasionally but the date moves all over the place, I've gone from the second week of March to late April in the space of a couple of days.

Same as, was supposed to be mid Feb for me, it's now 6th March, would not like a further delay as I have worked all through the Pandemic. Both me and my mate who works with me (in separate capacities) caught Covid around back end of October, Covid compliance had dropped before the current lockdown but it's now really strict at most companies. I'd hate my proposed jab date to fall further behind.

Would they recalculate your vaccine depending on whether you’ve had the virus?
By all accounts I should have at least 5 months immunity now so perhaps no rush for me (although I’m going to assume the vaccine gives far greater immunity?).

In other words perhaps some can wait if more vulnerable are behind in the queue?

England hospital deaths: 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v Today

508/ 39 NW / 7.7%

631 / 42 NW / 6.7%

623 / 61 NW / 9.9%

563 / 82 NW / 14.6% Today

When was the last time you were asked by anyone what class or SE group you belong to? A confidential census could imply it, but as it is confidential, and randomly adjusted so no one is indentified, it won't be any use to match to medical records.

I doubt they have any data on it.
I’ve been asked quite often on forms what classification of job I do. I think when I had a covid test in the autumn it was one of the questions too.

Looking in detail at the England hospital death numbers day by day (that I don't publish daily any more as there has been too much of it) I am now reasonably certain we peaked this wave for deaths on 18/19 January.

If anyone wants to figure out why that might be.

Both those dates have 841 deaths on that day itself just from England hospitals alone.

There are no days behind it that look likely to go above there and indeed only one date in the past 8 has topped 700 since then.

And after a week or so of numbers starting to trend down today for the first time since this second wave started every date going back a week added fewer deaths to it today than happened last week.

That 841 might grow by a few in coming weeks but the peak is likely to be around 850 deaths in England hospitals by the look of things.

Today's day 2 total at 328 is the lowest since 9 Jan and we have now had 7 consecutive day 5 totals in the 600s after it being up in the 700s daily around the peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.