Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incredible figures for a Saturday. I'm eagerly awaiting the numbers going higher this coming week.

I've been thinking about what will happen when we get to the point that 2 million plus people need their second dose each week. Hopefully supply will have increased by then and we can do 5 million a week.

I’ve been asked quite often on forms what classification of job I do. I think when I had a covid test in the autumn it was one of the questions too.
I have been asked occupation, but that is extremely vague in a lot of circumstances. E.g, Civil servant could be a cleaner at a job centre or a permanent secretary, and lots of company directors don't get minimum wage.

It isn't related to protected characteristics so there is no equality angle.

Incredible figures for a Saturday. I'm eagerly awaiting the numbers going higher this coming week.

I've been thinking about what will happen when we get to the point that 2 million plus people need their second dose each week. Hopefully supply will have increased by then and we can do 5 million a week.
It'll be interesting to what todays come in at. They generally drop off a fair amount on a Sunday.

I have been asked occupation, but that is extremely vague in a lot of circumstances. E.g, Civil servant could be a cleaner at a job centre or a permanent secretary, and lots of company directors don't get minimum wage.

It isn't related to protected characteristics so there is no equality angle.
Yes, I acknowledge it isn’t a perfect system, and it’s not something that personally I’m especially comfortable doing.
However, I just think the data must be there, and whilst it isn’t an exact science it would still give some kind of indication - and that would be interesting to see. If occupation data is asked for wrt covid cases, it should be published.

I am baffled by the policies for how these vaccines are being administered. My brother who is 2 years younger than me with no underlying health conditions got a call to have the vaccine yesterday (for tomorrow).

But he has since been contacted to have it cancelled. Not because he has Covid right now (he tested positive just after Christmas with all his family and though much better weeks on still has the cough that persists for weeks).

The reason they told him to rebook tomorrow is because they were using the Pfizer vaccine and his medical records showed he had an allergic response to Penicillin many years ago and you can only have the other vaccine if that is the case.

At least it shows they check your records.

587 all settings deaths - big drop from yesterday but Sunday always under reports remember.

21, 088 cases over 2000 down on yesterday.

13.4% of UK population now had at least one dose of vaccine.

Last edited:
19, 054 cases in England today versus 27, 580 last Sunday

UK 21,088 today v 30,004 last Sunday and 38, 598 Sunday before and 54, 940 week before that.

No positivity rating as no England test numbers over the weekend as usual but that offers some indication the fall is real and big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.