Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum phoned her doctor this morning, and was given an appointment for Thursday, so get her to phone, she'll surely get one as she's 10 years older than my mum.
My mother in law 81 and not in great health got her letter on Saturday. I went on line for her to book her in. We live in Macclesfield. Option 1 was Widnes, Option 2 was Birmingham!! Luckily I am retired so Off to Widnes we go on Wednesday. Bit of a Fred Carnos but at least she is now getting the vaccine.

My mum phoned her doctor this morning, and was given an appointment for Thursday, so get her to phone, she'll surely get one as she's 10 years older than my mum.
I cannot do it for her sadly. I did speak to her brother who lives on the Lancashire coast to say why this matters. But he is five years younger than her and already had his. Hopefully she did what she promised me yesterday and asked her doctor what I told her to ask - Are there really two million people in the UK more vulnerable than I am given the warnings you keep giving me doctor? Or is it that you are just writing me off as not worth protecting? My friend who is journalist told me to ask.

See if she does that today. I have my doubts she will.

Since she lost her husband a few years back her life priorities changed a lot. Though at 85 before she got really sick she flew to Australia to stay with her family there.

The deal is that these are extraordinary times which call for certain rules that while they may look draconian on the face of it, are absolutely necessary in a situation like this. That's the same for this country and every other country in the world that is trying to fight this pandemic. If anything, we're proving to be less of police state than pretty much any other country with the exception of North Korea. Go to the Isle Of Man and you don't just get fined for breaking quarantine rules - they throw you in prison. Anti-lockdown protestors in Germany aren't getting the softly softly approach from the police like they are over here - they're getting water-cannoned into the next fucking postcode. You can't leave your house in Greece unless you have a valid reason and even then you have to text a government number first. Brisbane and the surrounding area has just gone into full lockdown with nobody allowed in or out because of ONE positive case.
A poster on here seemed to say that on Zakynthos things run well because the residents obey the rules ref masks and distance. Greeks don't do rules very well but they seem to have more commonsense than many here.

Nicola Sturgeon just said in Scotland they are meeting to consider reducing click and collect retail to essential items only and stricter restrictions onto takeaway food to limit further the ability of people to meet.

Scottish Doctor says they will have 1200 vaccination centres later this week including over 750 at GP health centres.

Nicola Sturgeon adds that Scotland will have 900,000 doses by end of January.

Will complete all over 80s and all care homes and NHS and care staff in next 4 weeks.

All over 70s by mid February.

Will complete the entire priority list by early May.

But they are hoping to speed up vaccine delivery enough to bring forward that May date.

Last edited:
Nicola Sturgeon just said in Scotland they are meeting to consider reducing click and collect retail to essential items only and stricter restrictions onto takeaway food to limit further the ability of people to meet.
Bloody good idea , limit shopping to 1 person , let people shop once a week

I know there are those who like to abuse Nicola Sturgeon in here but I never miss these briefings because they are direct and informative and not full of waffle.

I find the English ones go round the mulberry bush a dozen times, make you dizzy and often no wiser than when they started.

Instead of endless graphs usually with days old data Nicola reads out the data from last 24 hours in the same way every day and right up front. The contrast is remarkable.

And if I am tuning in from England every day to watch her that should have long since told Downing Street that maybe their brand of ad hoc as we feel like it press conferences might not be the best way to go.

Scotland runs the pandemic briefings to clockwork and hardly ever without the leader there and England now and then when they want to lecture or crow about some good news and you never know when or if there will be one until the last minute.

Why they cannot see how one conveys the impression of a government taking these matters very seriously and the other one who is basically doing things on the hoof is bizarre,

You want your nation to recognise the gravity of the situation you build that impression from the front - not as if it is a party political broadcast that you may watch or not bother as it is unlikely to be up to much and called now and then as and when they feel like giving a lecture or some self congratulation.

Every day sends the message this is serious. Now and then breeds complacency as if it was that bad they would be appearing every day to explain where we are.

It is psychology 101 which of these two we need to instil into the population now more than ever.

Last edited:

Weee Jimmy Krankie really does have Napoleon complex. She absolutely loves what power she has.

Click and collect isn't responsible for transmissions, dickheads mixing households is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.