Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a problem, I have the time. That is not an issue for me. Will happily keep doing the 3 week v 2 week v last week v today comparisons.

I have not been doing them as often recently as the Christmas/New Year data was screwed up by the way there were multi day totals given that made comparisons largely meaningless on some dates. But we are reaching the end of when that will be a factor, of course.
I’ve only just discovered this thread, I have to say that it’s far more informative than the tv and papers. The added bonus is that there is little if any slanted agenda by the contributor. Thanks for your excellent input and that of many others.

Last edited:
It’s really getting on my nerve how MPs and the media are putting pressure on about reopening schools, when they spent all Autumn saying schools should be shut.

Also suggesting it’s not good enough that there’s no return date yet, when SAGE and the NHS want it to be a long way away before schools reopen.

deaths reported by date, per 1 million people (for comparison).
I've had to take a previous 4 day mean, as the data is very 'flashy' otherwise.
NW is rising, but should begin to fall soon, as cases are.

covid_deaths_REGIONAL.png

It’s really getting on my nerve how MPs and the media are putting pressure on about reopening schools, when they spent all Autumn saying schools should be shut.

Also suggesting it’s not good enough that there’s no return date yet, when SAGE and the NHS want it to be a long way away before schools reopen.
SAGE are absolutely useless
Complete doom merchants the lot of them
They would keep lockdown until 2028 if they could

turn it over to the chase as soon as the questions start

it’s always the same with the press

lockdown harder sooner longer

we go in lockdown

when we getting released ,

same with schools

shut the schools

they do

when are you opening the schools ?

the level of questions is utter shite.

You can't. Stop trying. Look at the period between you getting your first inkling and symptoms, to the moment when you knew you were ok to get to the shower. Draw a big circle around that whole period.

That is now 'the event'. It's cost you mentally and physically. It's over, but you are not fit in the way you were at the start.

Recovering your strength and mental well being is the task, whilst ensuring the remaining infection and symptoms slowly lessen. You are starting at a lower point than you ever have done. And you are still fighting the disease, if not the infection.

Start with daily goals like a shower. And doing laundry. No exercise kid. Not for ages. Babying yourself mentally is also de rigeur. Cartoons and Disney films. Innocuous stuff, comedy. Some calmish music. Internet is definitely not recommended but you can't beat a bit of support online.

Make a note of what you've still got in your life that you are greatful for. If you do think about the future, things you want to be in a place to work towards - in, say, 6 months or a year, then see yourself as being fit and healthy at the centre. Your lungs and other organs and nerves are like a very old tree. They've just been blighted and chopped right back. They will regrow at a glacial pace. The calmer, more positive and gentle your recovery now, the more even and strong that growth will be from the bottom up. And therefore the stronger the tree will be in the months, and years to come. Ignore Boris or anyone else's timescale. You sound really unwell. And remember, you didn't have access to plasma treatment, COPD, vitamin injection, a spotless hospital, 2 registrars 3 consultants and 8 nurses to monitor and do everything. Or anything else.

Looking after yourself whilst ill is a tricky and draining thing. It really is. I want you to be prepared for how it can make you feel. But it's good love that you are showing yourself. Like a nurse, or your mum, if she was good with you when you were ill, or maybe a girlfriend. Easy does it. Treat yourself with kid gloves. Count the things you do and how gentle you are on yourself.

I hope you begin to feel better. No-one expects you to be running around for ages. And that is very sad. I genuinely feel very bad for you, because I've had to recover on my own from less, and I know how sad the process can be, when you sit there and think, I could do with a break from looking after this sick guy, and you know one isn't coming. Without going out, it's that much worse. Look forward to that one in a month or two. Til then, it's showers, hygeine, washing, food, and cheering yourself up, and pracitising being calm and gentle and attentive, all the way.

It's posts like these that cause me to temporarily forget all ills in the world, and remind me just how fucking beautiful people can be. Chapeau, Summerbuzz.

Summary of the regions,

North West still not falling as much or as fast as the other regions. But is still falling.

And Greater Manchester still rising as a percentage of the rest of the North West as places like Merseyside are falling a lot more.

Indeed Liverpool was down to half last Monday and a third of two Mondays ago and was under 300 for the first time in a month.

In fact today was the WORST day relatively speaking for Greater Manchester in this latest wave as it went up by a whole 2% - from 32.2% to 34.2% - as a ratio of the North West total. Which itself only fell by 408 today.

Indeed in Greater Manchester several boroughs case numbers rose today and the rest did not fall by as much as you might hope.

GM did not quite make it below 1000 - at 1003 - falling only 71 in total on yesterday.

Even so there were 6 boroughs sub 100 again and Stockport very nearly made it seven as it had exactly 100.

Manchester at 210 was the lowest 'high score' for GM since Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.