Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 32 and had the AZ jab last week. My mrs's work (social care) were called by the NHS last Monday to give as many names as possible for end of day spares in Blackpool. She put down us plus both our mums and dads, they rang us the next day and we were done at 7pm on Wednesday!

You can't choose which vaccine you have but for anyone else about to have the vaccine I'd factor in whether you can have a day off from work the next day if you can.... I was okay, just a bit of arm pain but my Mrs, her mum and my dad had some side effects, mostly fever and extreme tiredness which were pretty much gone by yesterday.

It's a great feeling that this will soon be over, the people doing the jabs were amazing.

Quite a few on here saying they were vaccinated today or yesterday.

I wonder if there will be a big jump in data tomorrow or just that it illustrates the Bluemoon demographic :)

It's understandable but I think there's possibly some confusion about the target.

The Delivery Plan aimed to offer the vaccine to approx. 15million people in Priority Groups 1-4. I read somewhere that the take up rate among the over 75s in England has been 93%, so this suggests that a lot of these offers have actually been taken up.

But the 14.556 million vaccinated so far probably includes an increasing number of those outside Priority groups 1-4, firstly to ensure that vaccine wasn't wasted and second as the 65-69s (group 5) are now starting to be offered vaccinations as well.

Notwithstanding the last point, it's obviously an outstanding effort and it hopefully means that an easing of restrictive measures will be announced soon.
My nephew works at a vaccination centre in Leeds. He’s 25 and has had the jab. And now so have all his mates, mostly 20 to 25 as he just rings them at the end of the session and they have the spares. There will be a lot outside of the 1 to 4 priority groups.

Quite a few on here saying they were vaccinated today or yesterday.

I wonder if there will be a big jump in data tomorrow or just that it illustrates the Bluemoon demographic :)

It's understandable but I think there's possibly some confusion about the target.

The Delivery Plan aimed to offer the vaccine to approx. 15million people in Priority Groups 1-4. I read somewhere that the take up rate among the over 75s in England has been 93%, so this suggests that a lot of these offers have actually been taken up.

But the 14.556 million vaccinated so far probably includes an increasing number of those outside Priority groups 1-4, firstly to ensure that vaccine wasn't wasted and second as the 65-69s (group 5) are now starting to be offered vaccinations as well.

Notwithstanding the last point, it's obviously an outstanding effort and it hopefully means that an easing of restrictive measures will be announced soon.
I am classed as group 6 and am having mine tomorrow.

More good news for you all.

England hospital data is even better then recent days.

Patients - down 1315 to 17, 694 - lowest since 20 December.

And now below the first wave peak numbers in April.

Last Saturday it was 23, 042 - so down 5348 in 7 days.

Ventilators - down 96 to 2592. Also well below the first wave peak.

Last Saturday it was 3099 - so down 507 in 7 days.

Every single region fell in patient numbers day to day significantly,

Most fell in ventilators too.

East Patients down 126 to 2014 - v 2711 last wk // Vent down 8 to 205 v 251 last wk

London Patients down 320 to 3562 v 4787 last wk // Vent up 6 to 865 v 1016 last wk

Midlands Patients down 232 to 3608 v 4477 last wk // Vent down 30 to 495 v 608 last wk

NE & Yorks Patients down 134 to 2589 v 3066 last wk // Vent up 3 to 296 v 307 last wk

North West Patients down 123 to 2631 v 3292 last wk // Vent down 6 to 308 v 334 last wk

South East Patients down 300 to 2261 v 3722 last wk // Vent down 52 to 292 v 395 last wk

South West Patients down 80 to 1029 v 1487 last wk // Vent down 9 to 131 v 188 last wk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.