Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denislawsbackheel on the previous page has just informed me that there is no intention to vaccinate all teachers,, he is I suspect correct.. Not sure if I read it or was told it by someone...
Maybe seeing as the vaccine roll out is going this might have been seen as a good idea
Page 1458 not previous page sorry

”Boris, you used to be buccaneering and thats what got you into office, are you now a doomster because you are saying we need to take this slowly over the next 4 months?”
That question really annoyed me. Any journalist basically asking - Boris why don't you go all cavalier and kill more people but hey - that's the kind of guy you are - needs to be re-employed cleaning the bins in a vaccination centre.

But no doubt he will get a pay rise.

Spitting Image had it right depicting them as pigs feeding out of a trough.

The few good ones usually go off and write books. And have fun seeing if their former colleagues recognise themselves in the character's they say are 'based on no real person'.

And as Carly Simon might say half of them will think this book is about them.

Last edited:
Early 40's, physically fit, no health problems, normal weight, non smoker male neighbour isolating with Covid couldn't breathe properly this morning, emergency ambulance turned up and treated him at home. His oxygen levels were dropping dramatically but thankfully the paramedics stayed over an hour and got him stable and his levels improved.

Scary time and at that age as well, to call the ambulance was drastic as we live about a 1/4 mile from Ashton hospital, fingers crossed for his recovery.

Just a warning to any younger ones on here who think they are indestructible and thinking about not getting the vaccine, so close it hits home.
Sorry to hear that and hope he recovers quickly.
I guess it's been so difficult for people to grasp the vital difference between illness and a serious respiratory condition. I think we are all unaware of that fine line or were until recently, that is.

That question really annoyed me. Any journalist basically asking - Boris why don't you go all cavalier and kill more people but hey - that's the kind of guy you are - needs to be re-employed cleaning the bins in a vaccination centre.
Me too, but it's what they've done all along, "can we go a bit quicker PM", whether it's locking down or opening up, it's quite pathetic, and that Peston fella really gets on my nerves.

I like Whitty, I really do. And I note he answers that question with the risk to children and the risk to teachers, but the question remains the risk of children not becoming seriously ill themselves but returning home to family members and spreading it there, family members who in turn visit their own workplaces where it's spread further etc etc.

Not a criticism btw, I realise kids missing out on school attendance is huge and there has to be a balancing act, but I'd have liked him to address that side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.