Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am clinically vulnerable and at severe risk. I have basically been locked away at home on my own, for 6 months of the last year. This is not living. I have had the 1st dose of vaccine now and I am ready to get on with life. If I catch it then so be it, I am prepared to take the risk now as the idea of of being shut away from society for all eternity is not a nice one.
My current situation is not living.
I have discussions like this with my best friend of over 50 years. Indeed did earlier when I told her the numbers today.

She is extremely vulnerable and like you has had the first dose and due the second in about 3 or 4 weeks.

Multiple reasons she should shield which I have shared here before so will not repeat.

I have less vulnerability but shield more than she does. Like you she has chosen to do things - even things not strictly allowed - on the basis it is her choice to take those risks and she does protect herself as best she can by getting most things delivered. By only going out to the hairdresser once a week. Believe me a big sacrifice. Things like that.

Our thoughts on what she should do vary a little and in her circumstances I would act differently. But that is simply different people making their own life choices. I lost my other half young. I became a full time carer young and my life was severely restricted because of that in my early 50s.

You manage life as you want to do and I suspect that will become increasingly common in weeks to come. It will be near impossible soon to rein in the country and bit by bit things will open up. We are doing things wisely by doing this in 3 week stages to give time to see consequences first. But I suspect it is factored in that patience will wane and control become less feasible. And cautionary warnings like we got today about how things could flip the other way will be what we see not large scale reversals barring unforeseen disasters.

Boris was very clear today that this slowly slowly no catchy covid policy is to ensure the opening is permanent and not suddenly reversed by full brakes on. He knows another lockdown - in Summer especially - would just not be successful as too many would have had enough.

We can only do what he is doing which here I think he has got spot on - vaccinate quickly - open up slowly bit by bit and edge towards normality in stages as the best plan to only go forward and not have to step back. Which nobody wants.

Ok, in the hypothetical scenario I put forward, let’s end the world as we know it and all stay inside away from one another.

it’s irrelevant anyway, the vaccines work and the lockdown fetishists time is coming to an end

Lockdown fetishists? Are you suggesting people want to stay home and be away from their family etc., or do you lack absolutely any trace of empathy and understanding?

There are people on here who have been seriously ill and had, or still have, family members seriously ill in hospital. I am aware this is a forum but the least you could do is show a degree of sensitivity.

Last edited:
Lockdown fetishists? Are you suggesting people want to stay home and be away from their family etc., or do you lack absolutely any trace of empathy and understanding?

There are people on here who have been seriously ill and had, or still have, family members seriously ill in hospital. I am aware this is a forum but the least you could do is show a degree of sensitivity.
Completely agree with you, I have only a small family and so it is easy for me. Larger family groups must be finding this extremely wearing and desperate for things to return to something like normal.

Good luck with that one.

Could this be linked to school returning?

I think the youngest kids went back a couple of weeks ago & there's been some 'phased' older ones going back since.

I'm sure our Scottish posters could confirm dates etc.

Yeah that's 2 full weeks the early primary school ages and nurseries have been operating full time here. Sadly today there are news reports of a few individual schools and nurseries having to close already due to number of cases identified. I don't have any more information than that at present, ie numbers or details behind it, but there's certainly been closures within 2 weeks since they've opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.