Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancer isn't contagious, covid is. And because of that, hospital beds are getting filled up with covid patients who become immediate priorities which in turn prevents cancer patients from getting the help which help they need. It isn't a case of turning them away for the sake of it.

It isn't lockdown you're up against here, it's Covid. Until that's under control everything else is difficult.

We shouldn't be in this position but we are.
Cancer spreads when not diagnosed.

Update to various Covid-19 indicators for England: • Deaths still stable (down on the day), triage too. • Admissions, positivity & cases continue up. • Total patients going up more slowly & daily number (as opposed to 7-day ave) actually down from 906 to 884 today.

Looking ahead to reports already in, clear signs of some of the hotspots cooling off, e.g. Bolton peaked a couple of weeks ago, but looks like Blackburn (currently area with highest rate) will be joining it soon and despite positive tests in Blackburn increasing rapidly since mid-April (so plenty of time to see an effect on deaths), averaging just 0.6 deaths per day (data up to 6 June) & not a single death reported so far (obviously more may be reported later) over the past 7 days.

Total hospital patients at 884, a tad or two below below the 7k-12k projected for this date by SAGE in their modelling of the re-opening steps already enacted. To now suggest that we are currently in a worse position than expected is somewhat disingenuous, especially as it seems to be from the same SAGE modellers mentioned earlier.

BBQ tomorrow
Playing footie Sunday then pub after for England

Not sure how i'm coping in this totalitarianism world the government is inflicting on us, i even had to wear a mask in the co-op earlier.
So your lifes ok? Take it you dont work in hospitality ? Or entertainment industry? Your job or business been hanging on by your fingernails? Youre not one of the 3 million self employed who hasnt received a penny in help due to the lockdown?
Thats ok then

not having a go mate, you seem a decent poster. But where as you are ok (and me to be honest) there are millions who are struggling and do need proper normality to feed families

So your lifes ok? Take it you dont work in hospitality ? Or entertainment industry? Your job or business been hanging on by your fingernails? Youre not one of the 3 million self employed who hasnt received a penny in help due to the lockdown?
Thats ok then

not having a go mate, you seem a decent poster. But where as you are ok (and me to be honest) there are millions who are struggling and do need proper normality to feed families

I do understand that and I don’t make light of the situation so many millions are in particularly job wise and financially especially in the travel/entertainment industry.

But in terms that we’re all living in a totalitarian state and our lives are all being controlled and oppressed like that particular poster makes out - then yes, it becomes tedious

Total hospital patients at 884, a tad or two below below the 7k-12k projected for this date by SAGE in their modelling of the re-opening steps already enacted. To now suggest that we are currently in a worse position than expected is somewhat disingenuous, especially as it seems to be from the same SAGE modellers mentioned earlier.
I'm personally both cautious about further re-opening given the pace of spread of the virus, and really struggling to argue that case with mates in hospitality in places like Newbury (see below), who can see that the virus is now having no significant impact on NHS capacity more than a month after the Indian variant was running wild.

1623449722607.png

So what's the alternative? Turn people away who are struggling to breathe because we can't be fucked with it any more?
How many are dying of other stuff now though, cancer, suicides etc, if you stopped testing how many would are there actually in hospital with Covid and dying? Anymore than flu in winter ? I’m sorry but Covid will be around forever like flu, we are vaccinating and the vulnerable are all done, we were promised once they were protected we could get on with life, it’s now time to do that. Will people die of Covid in the future, probably but just like other diseases unfortunately that’s a fact of life, enough is enough now.

Cancer isn't contagious, covid is. And because of that, hospital beds are getting filled up with covid patients who become immediate priorities which in turn prevents cancer patients from getting the help which help they need. It isn't a case of turning them away for the sake of it.

It isn't lockdown you're up against here, it's Covid. Until that's under control everything else is difficult.

We shouldn't be in this position but we are.
If they stopped testing people who aren’t in hospital how many cases would there be? If we tested everyone in a day how many cases would there be? You’ll not control because you can carry it no matter if you’ve been vaccinated or not, that’s the rub, get the vaccine and you’ll survive, if you don’t that’s your problem if you get it and become ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.