Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 10-year-old daughter told to isolate for ten days today after a girl tested positive in her class.

That is now her fourth time in six months, five for my son since December.

Independent learners well before their time, very proud of their commitment and application.

Must admit, getting end of my tether, as it basically means I also have to isolate as she is too young to be left home alone!!
My 12 year old daughter felt sick at school today so has been sent home and asked to get a PCR test. Went theough GOV website and they offered a nearest test site 55 miles away!! Rang the helpline and got the same to which even Olga who took my call couldnt believe!

so now have to wait for a test through the post, presumably her 2 brothers and me and her mum have to isolate (and work full time!) until we know any results. Just been on the GOV website again and there now isnt one test site available in the whole of England!

I can understand why some people have given up!

A friend of mine in his early sixties had the Johnson jab. A month later got Covid and was pretty unwell for 10 day.Lost weight, didn't want to eat and totally exhausted.
Just posting this as a warning to the older members in here. Vaccination might keep you out if hospital but you can still get it.

This. I’ve had both Astra jabs and got it. Feeling a lot better today, was under the weather for 3 days or so - yesterday was worst was out of breathe doing the most basic of tasks. Mrs MB had both Pfizer ones and is still massively struggling with it after 5 days so far.

And it’s not yet the older members who should pay heed

Complete bollocks. I've just given you the daily figures to go with it. Every day. Plot 'em.

And as for

I've literally just posted you the data that shows the precise and exact opposite!
Admission numbers are gross not netted off against discharges. 500 admission will come with around 355 discharges. A net ncrease of around 145! Going to take a long time to burn through NHS capacity.
It will be obvious who is right in 3 weeks time.

Tbh I think the fuss around masks is complete nonsense, the time when they are most effective is when they are generally taken off (face to face contact ie sat down in a pub or house) so losing them will have minimal effect

Vaccine passports and incentives for the under 30’s to take up their jabs are the way to go.

Being told you won’t be going to a meal, pub, large event, nightclub or on holiday for the next 12 months without 2 jabs would send take up through the roof.

Much better than having to force jabs on 13 year olds to hit HI
This is my hunch as well. Especially the cotton type washable masks we all wear, and the fact that most people don't wear them 'properly' over the nose anyway.

As I say, it's only a hunch and I'm not a medical professional so could be talking complete shite, but I think the fuss over masks has been massively overblown and their effect is more psychological - seeing them reminds people there's a pandemic so they're likely to be a *little bit* more careful about distancing, hygiene etc.

I think this is why such a fuss over wearing them has been made over the last year, it's about instilling social habits.

Admission numbers are gross not netted off against discharges 500 admission will with around 355 discharges. A net ncrease of around 145! Going to take a long time to burn through NHS capacity.

So? What's your point?

The admission numbers gross were modelled and have overshot the last model significantly.

The precise opposite of what you wrote.

This. I’ve had both Astra jabs and got it. Feeling a lot better today, was under the weather for 3 days or so - yesterday was worst was out of breathe doing the most basic of tasks. Mrs MB had both Pfizer ones and is still massively struggling with it after 5 days so far.

And it’s not yet the older members who should pay heed
My partner has it and is double vaxed. I started with somthing 3 days ago that was blasted by my immune system overnight. So much so I tested -ve the following afternoon.
Vacines only prevent illness for most - they minimise the symptoms for most of the rest.

Last edited:
So? What's your point?

The admission numbers gross were modelled and have overshot the last model significantly.

The precise opposite of what you wrote.
They haven't swamped capacity this time because of discharges.
We will see who is right in a few weeks.

I would have hoped so, but the continued rise strongly suggests otherwise, and all expert opinion (see modelling) says almost certainly not. But no-one knows for sure.
I asked this question the other day. If we are not close to herd immunity WHAT is the data we get every week telling us that I post in here that over 90% as of 2 weeks ago had antibodies in the best UK nation and not much below in the rest and every single week it rises by several % points - one assumes both from vaccination and catching it.

These numbers must mean something unless 99% is not herd immunity which we are almost at by now in some areas, Or does it have to be say 1000%.

Or is there no such thing with Covid due to regular mutation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.