(DOWN 32 TODAY)

VENTILATED UK AS OF TODAY

ENGLAND 885 SCOTLAND 77 NORTHERN IRELAND 35 WALES 46

UK TOTAL 1043

(DOWN 20 TODAY)

ENGLAND REGIONS

EAST FALLS BY 296 - TO 2545 V 2048 - UP 497 IN WEEK

LONDON UP BY 119 - TO 2972 V 2409 - UP 568 IN WEEK

SOUTH EAST FALLS BY 107 TO 3689 V 2830 - UP 859 IN WEEK - FALLS WELL BEHIND NORTH WEST TODAY

SOUTH WEST UP BY 72 TO 2680 V 2227 - UP 473 IN WEEK

EAST MIDLANDS FALLS BY 276 TO 2701 V 2091 - UP 610 IN WEEK

WEST MIDLANDS UP BY 213 TO 3115 V 2332 - UP 783 IN WEEK

NORTH EAST UP BY 106 TO 1734 V 1023 - UP 711 IN WEEK

YORKSHIRE FALLS BY 530 TO 3084 V 2452 - UP 632 IN WEEK

BIG FALL IN YORKSHIRE

NORTH WEST IS BACK TO BEING THE HIGHEST REGION WITH THE WORST NUMBERS TODAY

NORTH WEST UP BY 1045 TO 4505 V 3186 - UP 1319 IN WEEK

THIS IS THE BIGGEST NUMBER IN NW IN 7 WEEKS AND THE BIGGEST RISE AND WEEK TO WEEK RISE TODAY

NW TOOK THE BRUNT OF THE SCHOOL TEST CASE RISE I SUSPECT.

GM AS A PERCENTAGE OF NORTH WEST CASES

TODAY 35,8% DOWN FROM 37.6% LAST WEEK AND FROM 36.2% YESTERDAY

SO BETTER DAY FOR GM THAN FOR THE NORTH WEST

He had a choice to receive or reject the vaccine
Thousands have died from the disease before the vaccine was introduced, they had no choice.

Would people celebrate the same way of someone died of flu that didn’t get the flu jab? I’ve never known anything like it, granted we have never lived through a pandemic and it brings the best and worst out in people.

It doesn’t sound like they have. Why do you ask? Do you think I have implied they have?

I have not addressed a specific country other than America, which unfortunately has tens of millions of people who follow an Orange Idiot. He has them convinced that Govt is good for nothing, even though he was in charge of it for 4 years. Now, everything Govt does is bad, even their ability to count votes in an election, apparently!

The Govt distrust that has been fomented by the Orange Idiot has got to the point that when, at his own rally in front of thousands of his own supporters, he asserts (quite rightly) that people should get vaxxed, he was roundly booed!

The guy was so good at the easy part (“everything except me is bad!”) that even he can’t do the hard part of changing stupid minds!
My thoughts were that perhaps Spain may be ensuring they do everything possible to avoid criticism RE the unfortunate deaths of thousands of Care Home people early Covid days.
Spain is very family orientated so perhaps their sensitivity is understandable but possibly their vaccination timing not necessary for both children and over 60 s?

Seems a strange comment. if a café/restaurant furloughed staff then they recall that staff when the work starts up again, the staff cant just say no I dont want to come back, keep me on furlough!.

if they cant hire staff to fill there spots then thats probably more down to Brexit then Furlough.

there may still be places in inner cities that are struggling to open due to lack of customers due to remote / furlough. is that what your meaning?
He’s an utter bell end coming out with the shite he does.

It's a fair point. There was quite a lot of "double bubble" in my area with some people collecting furlough while they did second jobs mostly driving, delivering, building, and farm work. Personally I had no problem with this because it keeps money circulating in the economy and a lot of these youngsters are paid pretty badly in the first place.
It was encouraged by govt.

didnt deserve to die though

But then nor did the people he will have directly influenced with his ideas who died too. People like this are directly responsible for other people’s deaths.

While I don’t believe he deserved to die. Hopefully his death will serve as a lesson to others who can save themselves.

My thoughts were that perhaps Spain may be ensuring they do everything possible to avoid criticism RE the unfortunate deaths of thousands of Care Home people early Covid days.
Spain is very family orientated so perhaps their sensitivity is understandable but possibly their vaccination timing not necessary for both children and over 60 s?
I can’t speak to the vagaries of Spain’s reaction to their initial surge of cases and deaths, as I haven’t followed it.

Most of the world has settled on a seemingly reasonable strategy;

Vaccinate as many as possible as quickly as possible, while masking in indoor public spaces and maintaining as much social distance as possible when in reasonably close proximity to others.

Beyond that, trying to maintain a viable medical system seems to be the primary driver of policy.

GREATER MANCHESTER SCOREBOARD

MANCHESTER 250 - UP 49 on day & UP 41 wk to wk

Manchester Pop Score up 45 POP SCORE 15, 249 LEAD OFJUST 3 STILL AS THE HIGHEST IN GM

WIGAN 209 - UP 45 on day & UP 99 wk to wk. Pop score up 64 today - POP SCORE 14, 220

SALFORD 173 - UP 38 on day & UP 65 wk to wk - another big rise here. Pop Score up 66 . POP SCORE 14, 927

STOCKPORT 165 - UP 29 on day & DOWN 25 wk to wk Only week to week fall in GM today and best performer today. Pop Score up 56 today to take SK into the 12K club . POP SCORE 12, 048 increasing lead over Trafford as lowest Pop Score in GM

TAMESIDE 161 - UP 27 on day & UP 25 wk to wk - Pop Score up 71 - highest rise in GM today again. Tameside undeniably producing the worst numbers in GM right now as the constant numbers of local deaths - small per day as they are - in past week or two also indicates. POP SCORE 13, 367

TRAFFORD 158 - UP 47 on day & UP 50 Wk to wk - up by 66 Pop Score points today - 10 more than Stockport. So the gap to SKs lowest GM Pop Score lead climbs to 68 WITH A POP SCORE OF 12, 116.

BOLTON 157 - UP 52 on day & UP 48 wk to wk - Bolton Pop Score up 54 - worst and also highest cases in BL for 7 weeks today, POP SCORE 14, 483

OLDHAM 126 UP 10 on day & UP 25 wk to wk - Pop Score up 45 - joint lowest with Manchester in GM today - to stay 3 behind Manchester for highest GM pop score. POP SCORE 15, 246

BURY 109 - UP 50 on day & UP 37 wk to wk - NOT the best numbers in GM today. Pop score here up 57. POP SCORE 14, 114

ROCHDALE 105 - UP 12 on day & UP 44 wk to wk - Pop Score up 47 - POP SCORE 14, 732

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.