Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's odd, NHS rang me after my positive PCR test and told me not to take another test for 90 days.
Wonder if they meant don't take another PCR? I took a lateral flow on 23/10, and that was negative.
In all 5 calls I had, they didn't mention anything about 90 days.

Wonder if they meant don't take another PCR? I took a lateral flow on 23/10, and that was negative.
In all 5 calls I had, they didn't mention anything about 90 days.
This is on the gov.uk site

Anyone who has previously received a positive COVID-19 PCR test result should not be re-tested within 90 days of that test, unless they develop any new symptoms of COVID-19.

If, however, you do have an LFD antigen test within 90 days of a previous positive COVID-19 PCR test, for example as part of a workplace or community testing programme, and the result of this test is positive, you and your household should self-isolate and follow the steps in this guidance again.

Got a kick in the nuts the other day. Have a trip booked to Canada at Christmas (we’ll…3rd time it’s been rebooked). Kids are all vaccinated, but it turns out Canada require double dose vaccination. Trying to now see if I can get my teenagers the second dose of Pfizer. Can’t see any reason why they shouldn’t have it so long as it’s after 3 weeks. Anyone else had to deal with this or something similar for another country?

Worsening situation in Eastern Europe​

Hungary has seen a surge in cases, with a 6,268 new diagnoses yesterday - more than double the daily figures seen last week.
  • Slovakia has reported a daily record of 6,713 new cases.
  • Poland has recorded more than 15,000 cases in a day for the first time since April.
  • Ukraine surpasses three million COVID cases, after recording record high case and death numbers in recent weeks.

Got a kick in the nuts the other day. Have a trip booked to Canada at Christmas (we’ll…3rd time it’s been rebooked). Kids are all vaccinated, but it turns out Canada require double dose vaccination. Trying to now see if I can get my teenagers the second dose of Pfizer. Can’t see any reason why they shouldn’t have it so long as it’s after 3 weeks. Anyone else had to deal with this or something similar for another country?
Double dosed to get on a plane or train over here mate.

Yeah. Just hadn’t occurred to us our kids wouldn’t be allowed in without quarantine having had their required jabs here.
Just waiting to speak to NHS to try to get them booked in for additional Pfizer jab. Hoping I dont meet with resistance.
How old are they? I'm sure I read this morning 16-17 are about to be approved for second doses.

Found it (apologies for linking the mail)

How old are they? I'm sure I read this morning 16-17 are about to be approved for second doses.

Found it (apologies for linking the mail)
17, 15 and 13.

I’ve read that those same ages can get second doses if they live with someone at risk, so it’s not a second dose safety issue. I just think the government decided that because the covid risk was small in kids, single dose would do the trick.

17, 15 and 13.

I’ve read that those same ages can get second doses if they live with someone at risk, so it’s not a second dose safety issue. I just think the government decided that because the covid risk was small in kids, single dose would do the trick.
If its not a safety issue I reckon the walk in center might be your best bet if it doesn't become "official" I got my second dose at 6 1/2 weeks instead of 8 no questions asked at the walk in (the etihad wouldnt though)

Fingers crossed for you, I absolutely love Canada but havent been for about 15 years now

Latest round of REACT survey:
- highest ever prevalence (1.7%)
- clearly shows benefit of testing and isolation; the region most affected by the Immensa lab scandal false negatives shows a huge spike.
- prevalence has doubled in over 65s in last month, not just youngsters.

Stay safe blues: get those boosters, get tested and isolate if positive.

I was particularly interested as I was one of those tested this time. I was negative, even though my 16yo son was positive at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.