Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they are using current awareness to pressure the government into maintaining spending in research to try and prevent future didsaters. They would be stupid not to.
Like they were stupid no to previously. I was directly involved in pandemic planning way back in 2010. None of it was updated and much of it shelved/cut in 2016. Even the basics were ignored in January 2020.

Awful, isn't it.

Uppity female world experts in their fields trying to make sure the lessons of a global catastrophe are learned.

A few more bullshitting public schoolboys in the headlines is what the country really needs.
Haha what are you on about ? I think its sending you slightly bonkers all this mate. The waffle you spout isnt rational.

Have a break!

Haha what are you on about ? I think its sending you slightly bonkers all this mate. The waffle you spout isnt rational.

Have a break!

It goes from one extreme to another for some as they twist an opinion into something they feel they can attack.

The posters who are trying to give the impression that most of the population are living in fear are deluded.

I went out to a couple of Pubs on Saturday to watch our game against Watford and the boozers were rammed. I was given a free ticket to watch Leeds vs Brentford (yesterday) and the stands were packed. The only difference was that the buses were running at slightly under capacity.

We’ve been asked to take a few precautions like wearing masks on public transport and in supermarkets and getting vaccinated inc. booster jabs. In return, we are promised that the NHS will be there for us if we need it and the Government had invested to support areas of the economy that were struggling.

Nobody likes paying for Covid tests but that’s the environment we are living in (for overseas travel etc).

of course I have. The commentary is on the headline About how the media spin things.

Which is a sensationalist headline from the bbc .

next pandemic could be more lethal than covid

be afraid.
It's a direct quote without editorial/spin from the BBC...

I do see your point though as it's certainly got you in a bit of a tizzy this morning, I doubt a straight "Prof Dame Sarah Gilbert delivers 44th Richard Dimbleby Lecture" headline would garner many clicks beyond her family and friends.

The headline is there to attract people to read the article, and the article is there to attract people to listen to her Dimbleby Lecture tonight on BBC Radio 4.

Irrespective of the headline, what she says is correct. We would be better advised to cooperate globally and prepare for the next pandemic when (not if) it arrives. Retreating behind national borders and praying that it will all go away and that life will return to 'normal' suggests that little has been learned. We can actually have a much better world for all of us if we are prepared to learn from this experience and not view it as a dark but closed chapter in our lives.

The posters who are trying to give the impression that most of the population are living in fear are deluded.

I went out to a couple of Pubs on Saturday to watch our game against Watford and the boozers were rammed. I was given a free ticket to watch Leeds vs Brentford (yesterday) and the stands were packed. The only difference was that the buses were running at slightly under capacity.

We’ve been asked to take a few precautions like wearing masks on public transport and in supermarkets and getting vaccinated inc. booster jabs. In return, we are promised that the NHS will be there for us if we need it and the Government had invested to support areas of the economy that were struggling.

Nobody likes paying for Covid tests but that’s the environment we are living in (for overseas travel etc).

Fair comment but masks in a shop but not getting pissed in a pub?

Im afraid nothing is making much sense anymore. As for day 2/8 tests etc and quarantine hotels then price is very much in focus and rightly so because we are being fleeced. You want people on board so you fleece them? Not the way to go imo.

Isolate while you await your result? No problem, pay me for the time off I’m being asked to take because right now, millions are probably ignoring that request because they simply can’t afford to take time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.