Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair comment but masks in a shop but not getting pissed in a pub?

Im afraid nothing is making much sense anymore. As for day 2/8 tests etc and quarantine hotels then price is very much in focus and rightly so because we are being fleeced. You want people on board so you fleece them? Not the way to go imo.

Isolate while you await your result? No problem, pay me for the time off I’m being asked to take because right now, millions are probably ignoring that request because they simply can’t afford to take time off.
I agree they the prices of the tests are excessive. If you have to isolate because of the domestic Covid rules then compensate peole for loss of earnings. If the isolation is due to luxuries like international flights then I’m not so sure.

I think supermarket staff and shop workers have a right to a let of protection from shoppers wearing masks, if that filled the scientific advice. I accept I’m taking a level of risk when going to the match and the pub.

A few safety measures are welcome if they keep us out of lockdown and helped to sustain jobs and businesses, IMHO. We can continue to get on with most of the things that add quality to our lives.

That headline is fuckin terrible. But i have a feeling people like the woman concerned need to come up with a headline shocker every now and then as otherwise she’ll slip back into obscurity whence she came.

She’ll have no say on the headline at all. She is doing what anyone even remotely decent in their job would do - trying to ensure that lessons are learned and focused on preparation and prevention learnings as much as cure.

This is bollocks.

The message isn't "be afraid", it's "be prepared". Learn the lessons from COVID so we don't make such a fuckup next time around.

For instance:
- PPE availability
- vaccine manufacturing capability
- clinical trials organisation
- Cooperation on systems for border controls
- testing capacity
- healthcare capacity and resilience

How is this a problem? Seems very sensible to me. IMO the people in fear are those burying their heads in the sand, not those openloy addressing the issues.
I think its the headline the bbc chose that is the problem. Which is attention grabbing and a deliberately scary. Rather than objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.