Coronavirus (2022) thread

Yes, I think the protection from serious illness is about 85% when the booster first takes effect and it falls to about 36% over time. Work going on now searching for annual jab for high protection to last longer. Similar idea to annual flu jab, will be given to elderly and vulnerable.
The protection from illness so far stays over 80% for as long as the data we have (9 months plus). It’s the protection from catching it that wains from 90% to 36% over 6 months or so bud.

For the John Campbell fans on here - he seems to have properly gone rogue, following from his earlier evidence free touting of ivermectin.

Interestingly, there's a suggestion on there he's likely getting around £400k from pushing this misinformation.

Imagine how much Youtube is making out if it, and it tells you why social media isn't doing anything to stop this (more generally, not Campbell specifically).

I reckon there is a wave of omicron going through the young at the moment which is not reported based on my own observations of symptoms and behaviour of people

Five weeks since I had covid and I've developed pretty annoying tinnitus. Lovely. Can't shake the pressure feeling in my ears either. Feels like they need to pop constantly. Anyone else have this experience? Driving me mad.
Yep, I had tinnitus back in the summer when I had delta. Passed after about a week but bloody annoying at the time.

There's been an alarming increase in the number of 'medical emergencies' at football games recently. I remember the odd one before the pandemic, but now it seems like they're occurring monthly (if not more frequently).

Some non-vaccinated friends of mine used it as anecdotal evidence as to why they shouldn't get the vaccine - "it can cause heart attacks which is why so many people have them now".

I've tried to counter the point by saying it's likely that COVID itself is causing the rise (as we know it affects the lungs/heart) rather than the vaccines - but they didn't want to hear it.

Is there any articles/papers that go into detail about what's happening?

There's been an alarming increase in the number of 'medical emergencies' at football games recently. I remember the odd one before the pandemic, but now it seems like they're occurring monthly (if not more frequently).

Some non-vaccinated friends of mine used it as anecdotal evidence as to why they shouldn't get the vaccine - "it can cause heart attacks which is why so many people have them now".

I've tried to counter the point by saying it's likely that COVID itself is causing the rise (as we know it affects the lungs/heart) rather than the vaccines - but they didn't want to hear it.

Is there any articles/papers that go into detail about what's happening?
Since the Eriksen incident, any medical emergency means the players have to stop and go off the pitch, whereas before, if there was an incident in the crowd, the match would continue.

I’m not suggesting that there haven’t been more incidents than previously, as it does feel that way, but it might just be because they are highlighted more now.

Since the Eriksen incident, any medical emergency means the players have to stop and go off the pitch, whereas before, if there was an incident in the crowd, the match would continue.

I’m not suggesting that there haven’t been more incidents than previously, as it does feel that way, but it might just be because they are highlighted more now.

and what's it been really... 5 people ? out of hundreds of thousands over last half a year or so

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.