Coronavirus (2022) thread

Agreed. I know you were not talking specifically about me. And I have posted occasionally in other threads. And been here for years prior to the pandemic starting too as my date of joining alongside here shows.

But I joined for a very specific reason and rarely posted as - whilst I watch pretty much all City games - I am not knowledgeable about football to the degree to want to talk about it without showing my ignorance.

I explained long ago - as this question was levelled at me then - why I posted just in here exactly what happened. I am loathe to repeat it but as the accusation of weirdness is predicated around it for others whose reasons I do not know and do not need to know it is worth mentioning again. As it is hardly as odd as it seems when you understand. Though I can see why it otherwise might do.

I came on here because I had given up much of my work that I could not do from home to become a full time carer for my mum after a major stroke left her in need of total care and I had long promised her I would not put her in a home. She had long been a City supporter and gone to most matches with my dad, whose ashes were scattered on Maine Road and whose name was on the tunnel at the Etihad as a result.

My family are all lifelong supporters who travel to Europe to see the games etc. And from them I knew about here so I could look out for feeds to help my mum watch games not on TV and (as you will see from the timing of my joining) to watch the parades and things after the Aguero moment made her smile in a way she never had then in many years.

Though she died just before the pandemic I was aware of the thread here created by Gelson's Dad posting data every day. As I have a bit of a background in both science and medicine though not as a professional I appreciated seeing the raw data and am not a fan of Twitter. So this became a go to place every day to look up in one go. Until after a few weeks exactly the same anti data posts started in Spring 2020 and drove Gelson's Dad away.

I had the time and so just took over the job when it was clear he was not coming back. Unless he did under another name I suppose. So the anti data post thing long predates the past few months and goes back to when there was no awareness of if we would ever get a vaccine and many more were dying.

So there are reasons I had that might not be obvious and jumping to nefarious conclusions would be wrong. Though I would understand them to a degree. It is human nature to speculate. No bad thing.

Yes things have changed now and yes we all need to move on at our own speed. And yes this thread will vanish in its own time and anyone who is thinking straight will welcome that day not try to prolong it as it maybe creates some kind of validation or crutch.

I guess we will all find our own way back into the world and people are all different when facing an event unprecedented in our lifetimes. It is in mine. And I am I suspect a lot older than most of you will be.And so - of course - more vulnerable. Which does change perspective.

But weirdness comes in many forms and we do not all see as strange what others might do. I would never feel the need to second guess why someone posts in here, or does not, or stays away from it or reads it every day, or blocks my posts so as to avoid seeing data. All are reasonable reactions. I am OK with that.

Humans are different. But seeking reasons why they are different from you is always going to be a bit futile as it would be a pretty awful world if we all agreed on everything and all did what the rest all wanted.

If that were true United would be about to celebrate their 20th successive title and City would be playing Congleton Town next week.

I don’t think the comments and criticisms were aimed at you.

Agreed. I know you were not talking specifically about me. And I have posted occasionally in other threads. And been here for years prior to the pandemic starting too as my date of joining alongside here shows.

But I joined for a very specific reason and rarely posted as - whilst I watch pretty much all City games - I am not knowledgeable about football to the degree to want to talk about it without showing my ignorance.

I explained long ago - as this question was levelled at me then - why I posted just in here exactly what happened. I am loathe to repeat it but as the accusation of weirdness is predicated around it for others whose reasons I do not know and do not need to know it is worth mentioning again. As it is hardly as odd as it seems when you understand. Though I can see why it otherwise might do.

I came on here because I had given up much of my work that I could not do from home to become a full time carer for my mum after a major stroke left her in need of total care and I had long promised her I would not put her in a home. She had long been a City supporter and gone to most matches with my dad, whose ashes were scattered on Maine Road and whose name was on the tunnel at the Etihad as a result.

My family are all lifelong supporters who travel to Europe to see the games etc. And from them I knew about here so I could look out for feeds to help my mum watch games not on TV and (as you will see from the timing of my joining) to watch the parades and things after the Aguero moment made her smile in a way she never had then in many years.

Though she died just before the pandemic I was aware of the thread here created by Gelson's Dad posting data every day. As I have a bit of a background in both science and medicine though not as a professional I appreciated seeing the raw data and am not a fan of Twitter. So this became a go to place every day to look up in one go. Until after a few weeks exactly the same anti data posts started in Spring 2020 and drove Gelson's Dad away.

I had the time and so just took over the job when it was clear he was not coming back. Unless he did under another name I suppose. So the anti data post thing long predates the past few months and goes back to when there was no awareness of if we would ever get a vaccine and many more were dying.

So there are reasons I had that might not be obvious and jumping to nefarious conclusions would be wrong. Though I would understand them to a degree. It is human nature to speculate. No bad thing.

Yes things have changed now and yes we all need to move on at our own speed. And yes this thread will vanish in its own time and anyone who is thinking straight will welcome that day not try to prolong it as it maybe creates some kind of validation or crutch.

I guess we will all find our own way back into the world and people are all different when facing an event unprecedented in our lifetimes. It is in mine. And I am I suspect a lot older than most of you will be.And so - of course - more vulnerable. Which does change perspective.

But weirdness comes in many forms and we do not all see as strange what others might do. I would never feel the need to second guess why someone posts in here, or does not, or stays away from it or reads it every day, or blocks my posts so as to avoid seeing data. All are reasonable reactions. I am OK with that.

Humans are different. But seeking reasons why they are different from you is always going to be a bit futile as it would be a pretty awful world if we all agreed on everything and all did what the rest all wanted.

If that were true United would be about to celebrate their 20th successive title and City would be playing Congleton Town next week.
You have been a great source of information during this pandemic, hopefully your posts will be fewer on the pandemic as it subsides, but many thanks I'm not sure if someone has been having a go at you for whatever reason but if they have f*#k em

Doesn't stop the rest of us ;-)
Nor me from reading them from time to time. I know by now who will probably have a real awarenesss on upcoming transfers. And the 99% who are guessing in the hope that on the rare occasion they will be right they get viewed as a 'source'.

Human nature is everywhere on any forum. One of the joys of watching it unfold.

You have been a great source of information during this pandemic, hopefully your posts will be fewer on the pandemic as it subsides, but many thanks I'm not sure if someone has been having a go at you for whatever reason but if they have f*#k em
Thank you. And nobody has. And even if they had it would not have bothered me. And I agree. I have started posting less and less in the data thread. It is on page 1 now less often you will notice. It is the beginning of the end and I am already planning what to do with the free time. Happy thoughts.

Wonderful post.

Off subject but I was in Knaresborough last weekend, mate bought a place there recently.
It's not a bad place. Not the most exciting but a nice place to live. I have a house in a small village just outside the town. I'm living in Prague at the moment but we might be back in the UK from this Summer.

Is the Novavax vaccine available in the UK yet? We're starting to use it here from next week I think. It's a more 'traditional' type vaccine (not mRNA) and wondered if that may attract a few that have been worried about the more modern (or experimental in their words) vaccines.

Hopefully it will get a good few more people vaccinated here though I suspect most of the anti-vax brigade are too far gone now to consider anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.