Coronavirus (2022) thread

You struggle all day long on a 10 hour shift trying to graft wearing a mask because the rules say you have to in a warehouse and then you sit at home watching thousands getting pissed up, dancing and hugging each other at the darts with not a mask in sight and you think what the actual fuck?
I didn't realise there were rules about wearing masks in warehouses? Well not currently anyhow. Unless it's a Scotland thing, or something your own employer has put in place? Nobody on our shop floor has ever been asked to wear a mask. If they want to, that's entirely their own decision but we don't have any rules at work saying it's mandatory.

If you test positive, you need to wait four weeks (28 days) from the day of your positive test to have a booster.
Quite right. Interestingly the USA say you can have one as soon as you’re able to leave isolation, following an infection. I do think the mixed messages do hinder the vaccine programme and do give the anti-vac community plenty of ammunition.

Does the CFR coming down strengthen the anitivax argument OR prove that the vaccinations work?

CFR down is consistent with vaccines working.

CFR also depends strongly on testing rates and treatments improving, and for covid in particular is so strongly agree dependent it's only really meaningful if quoted per age group, otherwise the current age profile of infections is what drives it.

If anyone is claiming that changes in CFR are showing vaccines are ineffective, they're wrong.

I didn't realise there were rules about wearing masks in warehouses? Well not currently anyhow. Unless it's a Scotland thing, or something your own employer has put in place? Nobody on our shop floor has ever been asked to wear a mask. If they want to, that's entirely their own decision but we don't have any rules at work saying it's mandatory.

It’s a Scotland thing.

So all of the advances in medicine over the last 200 years have been a pointless exercise and we should have just left it at eating decent food and good sanitation? Could have saved a fortune by not bothering with the NHS. Sorry, but I'm not sure I agree with that.

I didn't actually say or even imply that. I was just stating a fact that I heard in a book I recently read and thought it was quite interesting. Especially when people say that everyone died at 35 in the 19th century, as it isn't actually true.

I do think if everyone ate healthy and looked after themselves better then the NHS wouldn't be in it's current state though. If you look at things like heart disease in the early 1900's, it was incredibly low compared to now and the main changes since then were processed food and mass increase in smoking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.