Coronavirus (2022) thread

Got the NHS letter through about getting our kids vaccinated. Can anybody point me to some meaningful information on vaccination in under 12s if it is out there? Would be appreciated.

For us a vaccine was a no brainer, but for the kids I'm wondering if it's needed, for them or for the greater good. Eldest has had the virus twice, very minor symptoms and isolated, youngest like me hasn't had it once but she's terrified of needles and I'd only do that to her if the information suggests it's a really good move for the majority.

On a side note, went to the toy shop with the kids this morning as they wanted to spend some vouchers they'd got, but as the mother in law is again undergoing cancer treatment we decided to mask up as positive cases could delay treatment, which could be significant. Within 4 mins of being in the store some guy comes past us and coughs at us all, and quite obviously. I mean, even if you don't agree with masks now or a year ago, why do that at a family with two small kids?

I was restrained as he nearly got a paw patrol scooter across his head until my wife squeezed my hand in protest. Daft thing is, we could have all tested positive but decided to go to the shops anyway and worn a mask as a 'courtesy' as it was us who were infectious. How's he to know? Ah well, the world spins, bears still crap in the woods and some people remain cretins.

UK cases today - covering three days over the weekend and today.

91,304 cases - was 143, 382 last Monday & 215,001 two Mondays ago.

England only - 75,194 - was 122,027 last Monday & 183,459 two Mondays ago.

Testing , of course, is now way down as no longer free.

UK just under 340K V 484K last week V 617K week before

(These test numbers are only for one of the three days - the Monday - but the other two days over the weekend are down much the same).

Deaths today 348 - also covers the same three days

V last week 210 & the week before 217

As you can see and as we knew was coming deaths are well up and hopefully at a peak now as these are from the cases and patient numbers from a week or two ago.

Cases seem to have peaked around 7 days ago even allowing for the fall in testing.

If true then the next few days should see the death numbers start to turn around as well.

England hospital data over the weekend:

Admissions (48 hours behind as always - so THU / FRI / SAT)

1999 / 1751 / 1702 V 2124 / 1846 / 1826

So down every day on last week as you can see.

Midlands still the most admitted.

Patients - FRI / SAT / SUN / TODAY

16,366 / 15, 876 / 16.039 / 16,442 V Last Weekend 15,966 / 15, 739 / 15.989 / 16.466

So UP 76 over the weekend V UP 500 over last weekend

North West over the weekend was DOWN 56 to 2473

So patients DOWN 24 Monday to Monday V last Monday when numbers were UP then week to week 1296

Ventilators sadly are rising a little as the cases / patients / ventilator / deaths sequence runs through.

But hopefull this like deaths is reaching the point they will fall again soon.

315 / 323 / 329 / 337 this weekend V 311 / 308 / 306 / 306 last weekend

So a consistant rise over the weekend and up 31 week to week.

Last Monday it was down 13 to 306

Biggest rise over the weekend was in the Midlands from 36 to 47

North West is up second most 32 to 39

Is there a bad cold or flu going about as I must have it. Fully expected the tests I have done for Covid to be positive but all have been negative.
I've been exactly the same, aching, headache runny nose and cough but all tests negative. Missus says man flu and to stop sniffing. Always full of sympathy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.