Coronavirus (2022) thread

Anecdotal info is the worst but I know so many people who have had Covid recently it’s ridiculous. I know more who have over those who haven’t.

I cannot see how every single person that leaves their house won’t get this at some point in the near future.

Same. Never known so many to have it. It's literally half of the people I know over the past month. With the other variants there was usually one person every month or two. Right now it's just insane. Thankfully they're all absolutely fine with just mild symptoms, so ya know... that's a relief.

Surely there has to be a time when we stop all the testing and isolation of those who test positive and just get on with life? Here's just one example of how absurd it can be.

My friends were here on holiday in Tenerife. They brought their own test kits with them and before they went to the doctors to get tested used them. All were negative. At the doctor's the husband and daughter were negative but the wife tested positive. Her husband, thinking it was a mistake, paid for another test but it was positive as well. They had to fly home and she stayed for another week. No symptoms, she is fine. She flies home today. She was going to get another test but was told she doesn't need one now as the rules have changed. So if they had changed last week she would have got on the plane positive with another 200 people. Society can't function like this it's crazy.
Sounds like she got another week's holiday with Carlos the waiter.

SAGE still used a 3% CFR when modelling omicron.

And highlighted that severity was unknown, being impossible to determine given the lack of delta to compare to, the uncertainty over age and immune history, and the rapidly growing epidemic.

How is this ignoring SA?

The latest primary diagnosis supplement has been released by NHS England.

It shows a total of 13,045 people with Covid in English hospitals on 4 Jan, a weekly increase of 4,724 since the data was last released on 28 December.

Comparatively, the number of patients primarily being treated for Covid on 4 Jan was 8,200, with a weekly increase of 2,622 since 28 December.

This means that 45% of the increase in total Covid patients in hospital has been incidental.

Id read something of this and Dr Campbell has done a video too.

A paper suggesting that Omicron was from Mice. Covid jumped to mice early on, then mouse to mouse transmission where the mutations occured against the mice immune system then jumped back to humans.

Pure fluke that these mutations against the mice immune system actually changed the virus to attack human bruncus and not Lung.
This could be something controversial and I'm mentioning it purely for discussion but what's stopping us from genetically engineering a variant that is less severe but transmissible enough to replace Omicron? The Wuhan lab where COVID may of originated from was performing research into this kind of thing and specifically with Coronaviruses.

It's extremely dangerous of course and would never happen but interesting nevertheless.

Also interesting is the ONS Covid survey estimate that suggested there were 3.3m people in England with Covid on 31 December.

At this stage there were just 6,786 people in English hospitals with Covid.

It isn't a perfect comparison so don't over interpret this but that gives a ballpark hospitalisation rate of 0.2%.

My brother has had it again, thats twice, greedy **** that he is, as has his partner. My youngest brother has it now too, as has my son, all 3 of my lads have had it too. So far, we have avoided it in the Magicpole Mansion. Me missing it has probably been achieved as I have locked myself in a cupboard for 16 months. I think my partner putting a lock on it, preventing me coming out, even if I wanted to, shows how much she loves and values me. I feel blessed. Cramped, but blessed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.