Coronavirus (2022) thread

we hit 150k in March 2021 when you look at death certificates. That’s what they should be reporting.
To be fair they did give the dates of the 50K milestones and how the gap had lengthened each time due to our progress in fighting the virus.

There was nothing wrong with the story itself. It had me in tears. And had clearly been set up ready to air for weeks for the day we got to that number. Which just happened to be today and there was probably nothing bigger to usurp it in the order. I have made programmes for the BBC (radio and TV) so I know how this works.

I just felt the focus on the number and stresssing that it is higher than all of the EU when most nations are smaller than the UK so not a shock even if they all used the same methods to determine numbers seemed to be egging it rather than just letting the relatives reveal the personal tragedies to tell the story. Which was a very powerful piece of story telling and needed no political links.

To be fair they did give the dates of the 50K milestones and how the gap had lengthened each time due to our progress in fighting the virus.

There was nothing wrong with the story itself. It had me in tears. And had clearly been set up ready to air for weeks for the day we got to that number. Which just happened to be today and there was probably nothing bigger to usurp it in the order. I have made programmes for the BBC (radio and TV) so I know how this works.

I just felt the focus on the number and stresssing that it is higher than all of the EU when most nations are smaller than the UK so not a shock even if they all used the same methods to determine numbers seemed to be egging it rather than just letting the relatives reveal the personal tragedies to tell the story. Which was a very powerful piece of story telling and needed no political links.
It looks like the BBC journalists were doing their job. I’m not the biggest fan of the Beeb (party because of their anti City bias) but 150k deaths is always going to attract some interest, on a slow news today.

I saw the News but I couldn’t recall the EU comparison. I had enjoyed my post 5 a side drinks and watching City in the pub though, so no doubt that was down to my lack of concentration. These lockdowns are terrible!

FWIW, Hopefully, Novak “Robinson Crusoe” Djokovic will escape home or get to swing his racket next week. I think that story has had more coverage than it merits but the media obviously know their markets better.

Just listening to TalkShite and they are repeating nonsense about City having a bigger first team squad than Liverpool, to justify Kloppy neglecting the FA Cuo. They are making the BBC look very good in comparison.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Covid pass expiring? Does it automatically update or is there something you need to do to get more time on it?

A friend of mine is triple jabbed but his domestic Covid pass only runs until the 17th of Jan for some reason.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Covid pass expiring? Does it automatically update or is there something you need to do to get more time on it?

A friend of mine is triple jabbed but his domestic Covid pass only runs until the 17th of Jan for some reason.

It’s an app login security thing.

You just need to log into the NHS app (the standard one not the covid one) and go to the covid pass section to refresh it.

Think you need to refresh it every month.

You have to go into the NHS app and re do it, piece of piss.

Reports in tonight's papers that the government are looking to scrap free lateral flow tests for the majority and have them only available in high risk settings.
So much for being able to protect your elderly loved ones. Faced now with a choice of either abandon them or risk giving them the virus when you visit as you aren't able to know your covid free.
Didn't take the government long to abandon its test test test policy to keep us safe
Where I order masks from sells packs of 20 lateral flows for £154. Expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.