Coronavirus (2022) thread

It will make a difference once the efficacy of the second jab wanes. Leave it a year rather than a few months, and the number who were at 2 jabs and no boosters will be miles higher. Everyone on their second jab on that data will only recently have had it as it’s from May to December 2021.
boosters are already down to 30% for mild infections after 3 months, we'll see what the data shows long-term because booster take up is significantly below 2 doses. At 50-59 and below it's over 1 in 4 double jabbed haven't had a booster and they were largely jabbed over 6 months ago, and the difference in needing ICU intervention is negligible. But like you say, we'll see in a year plus, which is a far more appropriate timeframe to monitor the situation before implementing yet another new jab to provide a very temporary boost which puts said recipients back at square 1 in terms of useful data.

By which time, Omicron will have burned through anyway and that natural immunity will be one of the most important factors.

boosters are already down to 30% for mild infections after 3 months, we'll see what the data shows long-term because booster take up is significantly below 2 doses. At 50-59 and below it's over 1 in 4 double jabbed haven't had a booster and they were largely jabbed over 6 months ago, and the difference in needing ICU intervention is negligible. But like you say, we'll see in a year plus, which is a far more appropriate timeframe to monitor the situation before implementing yet another new jab to provide a very temporary boost which puts said recipients back at square 1 in terms of useful data.

By which time, Omicron will have burned through anyway and that natural immunity will be one of the most important factors.
Is it known about natural immunity from omicron yet?

Right...so my cat actually might have caught it? Oh well...I did tell it to get vaccinated, but she always thinks she knows better ;) I better check on her....
Bit of steroid and antibiotics and she will be rite, when i first let merlin out a year ago he got a cough and sneezing, the vet didnt say anything and i never thought about covid

Probably not that relevant but has Delta been totally been replaced by Omicron in the UK?

Clearly there may be cases lingering from just a few short weeks ago but are any new Delta infections currently?

Deaths were bound to go up as omicron was rife even with those not really Ill with it and so plenty dying of any other cause will have had it in the past 28 days.
So not dying of it, just dying within 28 days of a positive test, and there is a significant difference which we are not told about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.