Coronavirus (2022) thread

Covid-19 infections have risen in England and doubled in Northern Ireland, as the latest wave of the pandemic spreads.

An estimated one in 50 people tested positive in England in the week to September 24, up from one in 65 in the previous week, the Office for National Statistics said on Friday.

Meanwhile, in Northern Ireland the infection rate doubled. About one in 40 had the disease, a rise from one in 80 a week earlier.

Covid-19 infections have risen in England and doubled in Northern Ireland, as the latest wave of the pandemic spreads.

An estimated one in 50 people tested positive in England in the week to September 24, up from one in 65 in the previous week, the Office for National Statistics said on Friday.

Meanwhile, in Northern Ireland the infection rate doubled. About one in 40 had the disease, a rise from one in 80 a week earlier.
Those numbers are nearly ten days old. They have kept on rising since. The numbers a few posts ago in hospital yesterday are NHS ones and a week ahead of these today. So that suggests a bigger jump up will be there next Friday in the ONS data.

The Zoe graph posted a few days ago is ahead of this survey today too.

The fairly good news from both is whilst numbers are rising they are not doing so dramatically or esclating more day to day and England weekly total deaths are still only up from 234 last week to 338 in the most recent week

As ever over 80s are the most - age ranges in the latest complete numbers here that go up to a few days ago. These are:

1 aged 0-19, 2 aged 20 - 39, 17 aged 40 - 59 , 109 aged 60 - 79 and 216 aged over 80

Some people are mentally stronger than others.

For some, reading about a virus that kills a fraction of us is too much to take, whilst the adults can discuss how it affects society. They might even be doing so without hiding away from the world.
Do you know you come across very condescending sometimes? Are you aware of that? Whilst talking adults, you often come across as a smart arse 14 year old quite often.

Had invitation for my next booster. Have decided to decline it. I don't do the flu jab, so not going to keep doing this either.
I’m the same, think you’re lucky if you’ve not had it by now in some form or another. I’ve got an operation soon and they are saying isolate if you can 14 days before, who can do that! We have to get on with our lives and so do the nhs in my opinion.

Last edited:
Do you know you come across very condescending sometimes? Are you aware of that? Whilst talking adults, you often come across as a smart arse 14 year old quite often.
Maybe, but it’s still older than the people that can’t bear to talk about Covid and try and shut down any discussion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.